This role will be 50-75% travel, for home visits with members, within a 50-mile radius of Kansas City, MO.
Working schedule: Monday-Friday, standard business hours
Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (DSNP) members, who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members’ health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand DSNP to change lives in new markets across the country.
The Social Worker participates in the care planning process in collaboration with the Care Manager, to include the following actions: assessment, goal setting, establishing interventions related to goals, identifying barriers and strategies to address, monitoring success of the interventions, evaluating the success of the overall care plan and reporting outcomes.
• Care Management activities are conducted through a combination of telephonic and face to face interactions which include visits to member homes, in the community, and/or provider locations.
• Care management activities will focus on quality of care, compliance, outcomes and decreasing costs.
• Responsible for developing and carrying out strategies to coordinate and integrate post-acute and long-term care services to members to prevent exacerbations and/or placement of the members in custodial care.
• Performs initial and periodic assessments of the members enrolled in the Long-Term Care Program and/or care programs.
• Applies social work concepts, principles, and strategies in addressing the social determinants of health needs in members individualized care plan.
• Conducts regular discussion and updates with providers, primary care physicians, Medical Directors, pharmacists, and care management staff regarding the status of members and progress towards goals.
• Serves as a member advocate to ensure the member receives all the necessary care allowed under the member’s benefit plan and as available through Medicaid benefits and/or other community resources.
• Develops relationships with hospital social workers and community resources and utilizes available data to assure appropriate care management of catastrophic, acute, and chronically ill members with the goal of appropriate utilization, decreased length of stay, and preventable emergency room utilization.
• Assists in the identification and reporting of potential quality improvement issues.
• Directs social work interventions including performing psychosocial assessment of the populations, telephone follow up and in-home or facility assessments as indicated, documentation of problems, assessments, and/or interventions, and promoting ease of access to a continuum of care through appropriate information and referral.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 2+ years of experience in medical social work or case management.
• License in social work (LSW, LMSW, LCSW)
• Must be willing and able to comply with all state requirements in the state where job duties are performed.
• Willing and able to travel within a 50-mile geographic area for in-person case management activities when Covid-19 restrictions shift
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Master's degree in Social Work required
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.