Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our location in Minnetonka, Minnesota currently has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Supervisor. In this role you will be responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles. Additionally, you will lead the shifts' performance with respect to safety, quality, on-time delivery and cost.
What You’ll Work On
- Maintain high level of visibility with production staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve production staff in problem solving.
- Develop a high-performance work team with high levels of worker morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help production staff succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of project build schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging production staff to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support production staff in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support production staff in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to production staff on a daily basis regarding work team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Communicate with and provide necessary support to new product development teams.
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
- Bachelor's degree: BA / BS required with 4 - 6 years operations/technical/quality experience, or 10 or more years of directly relevant technical/operations/quality experience sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge typically associated with the degree and experience requirement.
- Knowledge of AMM or similar inventory management system.
- Must have the ability to analyze and problem solve in a timely manner, handle multiple tasks, work under pressure.
- Knowledge/ understanding of business metrics.
- Knowledge of the Quality System with understanding of the CAPA system and interrelated systems.
- Demonstrated success in error resolution, conflict management and working in a team environment.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in manufacturing or related field preferred
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.