Supervisor, Repair & Maintenance
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Supervisor, Repair and Maintenance
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Minnetonka, MN location, and is responsible for manpower and resources within the maintenance, machine shop and calibration areas to ensure timely support to operations and engineering. Responds to issues related to equipment, personnel and MAXIMO system. Plans and implements projects and activities with timelines and objectives. Responsible for the implementation of major equipment related projects (in addition to normal maintenance supervisor responsibilities). Will implement policies and procedures to maintain production equipment compliance and generate improvements through innovative ideas, and execution while supporting daily production operational needs.
What You’ll Work On
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining effectiveness of the quality system by ensuring quality/compliance of equipment & tooling (including engineering, maintenance, machine shop and calibration areas).
- Supervise, train, and develop nonexempt personnel. Develop goals / objectives for all assigned personnel. Monitor employees' performance against goals and provide performance feedback. Write and conduct development plans / performance appraisals. Manage employee HR issues.
- Implement a staffing plan by identifying resources requirement, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with human resources.
- Supervise and coordinate contracted services to adhere with GMP and plant’s procedures and requirements. Ensure all assigned personnel are in personal training compliance and unique training needs of the group are met.
- Creates short to mid‐range plans to carry out objectives established by management. Recommends or modifies the structure of the team subject to approval of management.
- Supervise operation, maintenance, machine shop, calibration, repairs and overhaul to the related plant equipment. Be responsible for overall equipment performance & maintain equipment downtime to an acceptable level; support and lead equipment upgrades/new installations. Recommend and implement changes in equipment operating procedures, design or configurations that improve cost performance, operational performance, efficiency, and reliability, while remaining within OEM warranty specifications.
- Maintain and administrate preventive maintenance, corrective, predictive, calibration program for plant equipment, including the implementation of critical equipment and ready for install assets to optimize equipment changes and reduce downtime.
- Responsible for the machine shop and equipment storage area including 5S, control and identification of equipment and compliance.
- Work as a liaison between Operations, Engineering, Equipment, Materials and Quality to manage and resolve equipment related production issues.
- Responsible for the creation and management of equipment related capital projects associated with improvements, critical spares and obsolescence. Identify options, prepare analysis, provide expertise and make recommendations relating to new maintenance procedures, lease vs. buy, new technologies, equipment overhauls, repair vs. replace decisions, installation of new equipment, and disposal of obsolete equipment.
- Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) - Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Electronic) or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5 Years - Experience in a maintenance/engineering/operations/technical environment.
- Minimum 2 years - Experience as Supervisor.
- Good communication skills verbal and written
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.