Associate Director, US Oncology Commercial Insights (Remote)
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The scope of the Associate Director, US Oncology Commercial Insights position is to provide strategic oversight and leadership of the US PADCEV Insights & Strategy team. This team is responsible for helping their US partners infuse insight and analytics into commercial decision-making and brand strategy development through 1) development and execution of an integrated market research plan with input to analytics plans (analytics to be conducted by a separate team), 2) becoming a thought partner and strategic consultant to senior commercial leadership and 3) acting as an inspirational leader and talent developer for the US I&S PADCEV team.
This role will require close collaboration with Commercial Insights (CI) counterparts, when appropriate, to ensure global alignment and consistency. In addition, if appropriate, this position will play a key role in brand co-promote partner alignment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the US PADCEV I&S team from a performance management perspective
- Proactively identify and address opportunities to develop technical skill, business acumen, and leadership capabilities to enable long term CI vision
- Enable the trajectory for the new CI Global Capability Area through strong partnership with regional stakeholders to enhance global alignment, prioritize high-impact initiatives, and enhance team efficiency.
- Drive strong cross-functional CI communication to promote brand-level knowledge sharing and integration of key learnings
- Key point of alignment with relevant stakeholders including co-promote partners, global, and Market Access
- Serve as the primary strategic partner and point of accountability to US commercial leadership, providing thought leadership and insight to drive business decisions and outcomes
- Foster best practice sharing across the broader global CI team
- Lead I&S PADCEV Team in flawless execution of all projects and activities
- Develop talent through coaching, rewards and recognition, and providing experienced based developmental opportunities
- Delivery and execution of insights plans that are aligned with global counterparts and address US specific strategic objectives, tactical requirements, and decision-making needs. Includes annual business planning activities and additional strategic exercises.
- Develop deep understanding of the market landscape which includes market potential, market trends, unmet medical and patient needs, market access challenges and competitors' trend for each of the assigned products
- Partner with marketing to identify business-critical information needs and lead development of market research plans, execution of research activities, and communication of actionable insights for assigned product(s)
- Provide assumptions and inputs to inform analytics plans (executed by separate team) to inform market and response models such as forecasting, identification of data sources, and other secondary research.
- Coordinate across Commercial Division Insights & Strategy teams, Data Strategy, Oncology Analytics, Reporting, and Commercial Forecasting functions to ensure integrated and consistent communication of insights and implications, tied back to brand strategies and objectives
- Synthesize marketing intelligence learnings to provide thought leadership and insight to inform business decisions and outcomes
- Drive strong cross-functional stakeholder communication to promote brand-level knowledge sharing and integration of key learnings
- Prioritize team resources and projects to effectively and efficiently deliver I&S support to US commercial stakeholders and align to global CI roadmap
- Develops requests for proposals, solicits competitive bids, awards contracts to outside market research agencies; manages the activities of these partners and reviews their performance against proposal and budget.
While this a leadership role, this individual will also be required to lead and execute insights projects.
- Over the course of the year, the Associate Director oversees market research and analytics projects totaling up to several million dollars in value.
- These projects directly contribute to decisions affecting the product portfolio within the TA, driving significant revenue for the company
- The Associate Director reports to the Director US I&S
- Member of the Commercial Division Insights & Strategy team within the Commercial Insights Global Capabilities Area