As a Pricing Analyst, you will play a key role within the Front Store Retail Pricing & Analytics team. The Pricing Analyst is essential to ensuring that our pricing strategy is executed and maintained consistently across our front store business in over 8000 retail locations. The Pricing Analyst position is responsible for working cross functionally with the Pricing Team, Item Maintenance Team and Category Management to align our item prices and item attributes with our pricing strategy and individual category strategies.
As a member of the Front Store Pricing Team, you will join a talented group of Pricing Analyst and Mangers, focused on continuously evolving our pricing strategy, leveraging innovative tools and robust data to optimize our retail pricing and help support the growth of our overall business.
Additional responsibilities of the Pricing Analysts include:
• Develop an understanding of the category financial levers, marketing plans, strategies, store operations, and promotions as input to pricing strategy
• Review and analyze new items to assign and maintain associated pricing attributes (e.g. brand relationships, size parity, form links, etc.)
• Perform detailed analysis on new competitive shop data to identify potential competitive trends, data outliers and incomplete capture
• Analyze competitive price data to identify pricing opportunities and develop initial price change recommendations for small segments of a category with guidance from the Pricing Manager
• Review new items and cost changes and provide recommend retail prices that are aligned with category pricing strategies to the Pricing Manager and/or Category Manger
• Manage the implementation of approved price changes for all supported categories
• Independently design and execute ad-hoc analytical exercises for components of pricing plans; identifying appropriate sources of data, manipulating the data, and producing a recommendation/answer
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 2 + years of experience in an analytical role providing strong quantitative, mathematical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• 2+ years using MS Word, Excel and Access, with experience in creating advanced Excel spreadsheets
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• 2+ years experience in pricing in a retail or consumer-packaged goods environment
• Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to influence and negotiate with peers and cross functional partners
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and drive tasks to completion within deadlines with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.