We have an exciting opportunity for an assistant category manager in our Front Store Health & Wellness business unit at CVS Health. As an Assistant Category Manager, you will be a critical contributor to the categories and their respective P&Ls. You will be accountable in attaining budgeted sales, margin, and winning market share within the business. This role will be directly involved with driving pricing, product, display, reporting, and go-to-market strategy.
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company with a purpose of helping people on their path to better health. CVS is pioneering a bold new approach to total health by making quality care more affordable, accessible, simple and seamless. We're reinventing our front store to be the front door to healthcare. For millions of Americans, that journey begins with one of our 8,000+ retail stores, and our goal is to help each of our customers take that next step in their self-care journey. To achieve this goal we are looking for creative merchandising leaders who pushes boundaries, for the consumer and for the business.
- Leverage insights and data to ensure that CVS is and continues to be ahead of the market in Health and Wellness for our customers
- Monitor operational opportunities and communicate with team on ideas for improvement of shrink, sales, and expenses
- Close collaboration with key internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and suppliers
- Superior financial acumen
- Responsible for promotional strategy and planning
- Key support in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Manage assortment across store and digital channels
- Prepare high quality materials to support presentations to senior leadership and other internal groups
-May be asked to travel at least 10-15%
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Meet educational requirements (see education section)
- 3+ years relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience working with team members, internally and/or with suppliers
- open to travel at least 10-15%
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Internship or work experience in a marketing/merchandising function
• Proficiency with suite of Microsoft Products
• Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2022 and August 2023
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.