Associate Director, Customer Insights & Market Research
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role is responsible for managing Enterprise Consumer Insights Projects, including Customer Experience, Medical, Clinical, Corporate Reputation, Social Listening, Digital and other market research studies worldwide.
- Manages standardized primary market research studies such as Customer experience Tracking, Brand Equity and Messaging to assess performance and uncover opportunities.
- Leads all aspects of primary (quantitative and qualitative) WW Field Medical Survey execution to track Field Medical performance and to inform Field Medical strategy and tactics across therapeutic areas such as oncology, immunology and cardiovascular.
- Independently designs and executes primary (qualitative & quantitative) medical, clinical and commercial primary market research projects in partnership with team members and outside vendors.
- Negotiates effectively with external agencies and with internal stakeholders to design and execute actionable primary research that drives decision making.
- Analyzes the data and findings across geographies and therapeutic areas and works with primary and secondary data to derive meaningful insights.
- Proactively partners with internal stakeholders such us Market Research, Marketing, Analytics, Medical, Clinical, Commercial, Sales, Corporate Affairs, Multi-Channel Marketing team to ensure research efficiently delivers customer-focused input on strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Represents the Customer Insights and Market Research function on key internal business team meetings, proactively contributing in ways consistent with the vision and strategies of the department
- Helps develop and deploy innovative approaches and consumer insights techniques
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Scientific disciplines or equivalent required
- Advanced degree in General Business, Marketing, Market Research preferred
- Global experience in working across cultures required, along with 5+ years of relevant primary market research experience
- Strong analytic and qualitative/quantitative primary market research capabilities
- Strong technical understanding of marketing research models and knowledge and experience across multiple research tools
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.