This Pharmacy Technician role requires 50% of the time working in the backend fulfilling orders and 50% of the time in the frontend entering and triaging prescriptions
Schedule hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30am-7:00pm
The Pharmacy Technician assist in accurately reading, interpreting and entering prescriptions into the computer system including calculation of doses and assignment of directions and accepting proper insurance payment in a timely fashion. Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for routing incomplete or unclear prescriptions to the prescriber for clarification and must also be able to enter incomplete prescription information once clarification has been obtained. Must be able to collaborate with a diverse team.
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, selects, prepares and packages medications and supplies in preparation for shipment to patients. Performs record keeping functions. Assists in various inventory control processes.
Front End / Back End time distribution.
Approximately 50% of the time will be worked in the Back End and 50% in Front End. This time distribution may fluctuate based on weekly business needs.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Six months work experience with Windows-based applications like Windows, Microsoft Office, internet navigation, and email applications
• Computer keyboarding skills and aptitude
• Three months pharmacy technician experience in a pharmacy
• Active New Jersey Pharmacy Technician Registration
• Ability to stand/reach/twist/turn/stoop/walk and lift up to
• Perfer six months of work experience as a pharmacy technician
• Prefer three months of work experience in a pick/pack/ship environment.
• Perfer three months experience handling and resolving customer needs over the phone
• Prefer Healthcare work experience and familiarity with benefits, insurance, prescriptions
• Prefer Medical billing, coding, and other medical assisting roles
• Prefer customer service experience in an office environment
• Previous experience working in a pick/pack/ship
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.