The Executive Director, Medicare Field Sales leads our growing Field Sales channel to help drive the strategy and performance of our local market efforts. This leader will collaborate with our local market sales leadership teams to achieve the sales and membership goals of our Field Sales channel for Medicare Products (MA and Special Needs Plans).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Innovates and develops national sales strategy for the Field Sales channel in collaboration with local market leaders; drives year over year growth in Individual MA/Duals markets to achieve membership and annual revenues more than $350M. Current membership is 60K MAPD/DSNP and is expected to grow 30K in year one. Initial budget will be 3.6M and will grow over time.
• Leads and drives strategic sales channel goal setting process and goal achievement in collaboration with Product teams and Local Market leadership.
• Leads a dedicated national Field Sales team responsible for engaging and building best practices consensus with local market Chief Medicare Officers and their respective sales leadership to achieve sales results.
• Ensures that established Field Sales operating model is supported and adopted to optimize FSR performance across the markets ensuring local market relevancy.
• Conducts sales calls with Chief Medicare Officers and Field Sales Leaders to assess skills; develops the Field Sales team (135 current full-time employee with growth planned to double that by 2024) via proactive coaching and mentoring; builds core competencies around the sales process, sales management, and information management processes.
• Collaborates with our local market sales teams and Chief Medicare Officers to identify, share, and drive adoption of best practices; monitors industry trends to identify innovative ways to enhance performance.
• Aligns and works closely with Medicare Marketing, Community Lead Generators teams, National Conversion Sales and Marketing, National Local Market Sales Enablement, Provider Marketing and Network teams, and other units to ensure that lead generation targets are met.
• In collaboration with our Sales Enablement area analyzes available data and reporting to enhance Field Sales performance, identify opportunities, and mitigate risks across all markets; drives change and improvement through collaborative relationships and influencing skills.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on all aspects of the Field Sales channel operation.
• Understands and maintains all applicable compliance rules and guidance.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 10+ years of successful Medicare sales executive leadership experience, including Medicare Advantage and Duals products.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally as well as in-person and virtually.
• Appropriate state licensure to sell insurance as required. Annual Medicare certification is required.
• Ability to travel 50+% of the time - travel expectations include team meetings, local market team meetings, field visits and National Conferences.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Direct Response and Grass Roots Medicare Marketing experience
• Health Plan financial skills
• Bachelor's Degree
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.