- Negotiates, executes, reviews, and analyzes contracts and/or handles dispute resolution and settlement negotiations with smaller providers ( (i.e. local, individual providers, small groups/systems), services larger provider partners in accordance with company standards in order to maintain and enhance provider networks while meeting and exceeding accessibility, compliance, quality, and financial goals and cost initiatives.
- Negotiates, executes, reviews, and analyzes contracts and/or handles dispute resolution and settlement negotiations with solo, small group, or
- Manages contract performance in support of network quality, availability, and financial goals and strategies.
- Recruits providers as needed to ensure attainment of network expansion and adequacy targets.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to contribute to provider compensation and pricing development activities and recommendations, submission of contractual information, and the review and analysis of reports as part of negotiation and reimbursement modeling activities.
- Responsible for identifying and making recommendations to manage cost issues and supporting cost saving initiatives and/or settlement activities.
- Provides network development, maintenance, and refinement activities and strategies in support of cross-market network management unit.
- Assists with the design, development, management, and or implementation of strategic network configurations, including integration activities.
- Both Fee for Service and Value based contracting experience preferred.
- May optimize interaction with assigned providers and internal business partners to manage relationships and ensure provider needs are met.
- Ensures resolution of escalated issues related, but not limited to, claims payment, contract interpretation and parameters, or accuracy of provider contract or demographic information.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- At least 5 years of working knowledge of competitor strategies, complex contracting options, value based contracting, financial/contracting arrangements and regulatory requirements.
- 3-5 years related experience, proven and proficient negotiating skills.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, problem resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.