Associate Director, Commercial Communications, Puerto Rico
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Corporate Affairs (CA), who will be responsible for designing and executing communications strategies for a wide set of stakeholders, with a particular focus on patients and employees that will help support the BMS growth and priorities in Puerto Rico. He/she will be a seasoned Corporate Affairs leader, with strong strategic and creative ability to lead a function, which is critical to the success of our business.
The CA Associate Director will be a member of Puerto Rico´s Leadership Team (LT) and he/she will report to the US Commercial Communications Executive Director and will work in close alignment with the General Manager of Puerto Rico
- Advocacy and stakeholder engagement:
- Drive Advocacy strategy for the markets, to execute strategic partnership with Patient Groups according to BMS principles to drive patient awareness & diagnosis rates
- Work closely with the access & policy team in creating and implementing an integrated external engagement plan targeted towards patient advocacy organizations, media, government institutions and other relevant groups (eg, trade associations, HTA) who influence the public discussion around the environment for optimal therapeutic innovation and market access.
- Deeply understand the customer/ patient journey and facilitate the inclusion of the patient and caregiver voice among cross-functional projects (e.g. access, medical affairs, employee engagement).
- Gain insights to secure rapid access & reimbursement and to deploy best in class patient support services
- Executive communications and employee engagement:
- Develop a strategic executive communications plan to support GM and partner with HR in execution of the employee engagement and change initiatives as needed.
- Provide strategic direction to the internal communications of BMS Puerto Rico
- Support the Corporate Affairs strategy for BMS Puerto Rico
- Design and execute a robust strategy to BMS PR, to support the company´s vision of becoming a leading biopharma company that transforms patients’ lives through science.
- Align strategy to overall objectives of BMS PR, in continuous cooperation with different functions, and alignment with GM.
- Strategic counsel to the Puerto Rico Leadership Team
- Be an active member of the LT and contribute to the overall direction of the company.
- Proactively advise the LTs on key communications issues and coach leaders on effective communications.
- Brand communications & reputation management
- Work with the US and Global Corporate Affairs and local leadership team to develop and execute the communications strategy including media relations, brand & corporate and digital communications in support of the product portfolio and business objectives
- Proactively drive initiatives which contribute to building a strong reputation for BMS aligned with global and regional objectives securing quality omnichannel interactions
- Launch social media platform for Puerto Rico (LinkedIn & others)
- Anticipate and prepare for stakeholder reactions to corporate, brand and regulatory milestones, and deliver appropriate communications strategy to maximize communications opportunities while mitigating risks. Own the Crisis Playbook and ensure adequate trainings.
Education, Qualifications and Skills:
- 7- 10+ years of related experience in positions of responsibility. Pharmaceutical sector experience desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong network and understanding of media in Puerto Rico
- Good understanding of the political environment in US & Puerto Rico and ability to interpret how the external changes can impact BMS and its reputation.
- Experience in working for large global organization, and strong ability to collaborate across the matrix with access, regulatory, medical and legal teams across the world
- Excellent ability to partner with business stakeholders, experience in working with senior executives and being part of the leadership team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong leadership and influencing skills as well as pose and composure in dealing with demanding or adversarial groups
- Commitment to a highly-ethical organization
- Fluent English
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.