Finance Supervisor R&D Portfolio & Strategy
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works for our facility in Lake Forest IL in the Diagnostics division.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
What You’ll Work On
Core Lab has a new opening for a Finance Supervisor – R&D Portfolio and Strategy located in Conway Park. This role will be responsible for supporting efforts to further advance processes and capabilities outside of the traditional FP&A process necessary to identify, evaluate and prioritize projects across the R&D Portfolio for Core Lab. This position presents an opportunity for strategic business partner development with exposure to multiple functional areas in Core Lab along with exposure to senior leaders inside the division. It also provides an opportunity for a driven individual to support and create advance tools and analysis that would enable faster/ more effective data-based decision making.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work cross functionally with Global Marketing, R&D and other functional areas to identify and pressure test critical assumptions and inputs necessary to develop and update financial models for Product Development (PDP) Stage Gates, strategic initiatives, and management reviews.
- Prepare various management slides, financial modeling, financial analyses, and related consultation to business partners and leadership in support of strategic initiatives and prioritizing the R&D portfolio.
- Create and implement continuous improvements around financial templates and market intelligence.
- Provide financial counsel and support to Global Marketing and R&D business partners and prepare ad hoc analyses as required to advance pipeline initiatives.
- Own, manage, and enhance dashboards that provide timely output of key metrics and assumptions that support leadership reviews, LBEs, OEMs, and ad hoc requests to understand the health and status of the R&D Portfolio.
- Undergraduate in Accounting/Finance required.
- 5+ experience in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business.
- Strong Excel, interpersonal skills and modeling experience a plus.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.