Manager, Solutions Architect (Analytics and Digital Innovation)
This opportunity is located at the Novartis (NIBR) Cambridge, MA site, and will not have the ability to be located remotely.
The Digital Innovation and Analytics group in NIBR Scientific Operations supports a diverse group of functions directly supporting the scientific research community. Spanning across coordinating and conducting invivo research, ensuring scientists are supplied with critical consumables, chemicals and managing compliance to controlled substances and other sensitive materials. The goal and mission of our team is to lead and enable thee digital transformation across these spaces with deep data insights and innovative solutions.
You will be collaborating with these functions and the research community to uncover opportunities to increase the connectivity of our systems and data, discover data-driven recommendations to improve the quality and efficacy of our services, and create novel and creative solutions to impact the speed and quality of our drug discovery mission. While the current digital portfolio is strong and robust, there are always opportunities to identify and deliver innovation to support our scientists in a better way!
What will you be responsible for
• Build deep understanding of SciOps functional areas and relevant scientific community operations in order to meaningfully translate customer needs into scalable and deployable solutions
• Engage with global and cross-functional colleagues to uncover opportunities to transform data into actionable insights and analytics
• Actively participate in and influence discussions around end-user requirements, design, and infrastructure
• Collaborate with and provide guidance to Data Architect and source system solutions owners to define requirements for data access and ingestion into the Scientific Operations Centralized Data Lake and real-time analytics solutions
• Proactively lead scouting initiatives across the technology landscape to identify new emerging trends, technologies and opportunities
• Create, develop, configure and maintain technology solutions required for PoCs, iterating or pivoting as required
• Provide technical leadership to support broader innovation team conversations with the business
• Engage with Functional Area leadership to introduce and ideate innovative solutions focused on enhancing and improving end user experience and operational efficiency
• Collaborate with Operations Excellence team to develop diagnostic analytics and identify continuous improvement opportunities uncovered within the data
• Build long-term relationships with our Scientific Operations teams to support the development of Digital Innovation and Analytics in their teams over the long-term
• Develop advanced data visualizations leveraging both established guidelines and custom designs when required
• Create complex formulas and calculations within visualization software and backend databases to meet the needs of complex business logic
• Use strong SQL skills to create and maintain the data transformation processes feeding the Scientific Operations Centralized Data Lake and analytics solutions
• Follow rigorous and structured testing and feedback gathering processes to ensure user adoption and continuous improvement of products