NIBR, Strategic Feasibility Manager / Strategic Feasibility Expert
Who are we?
We are Clinical Sciences and Innovation at Novartis. A dynamic group of Clinical Scientists who plan and execute early phase trials worldwide. From First-in-Human to Proof-of-Concept and beyond. We design and operationalize trials, ensuring they run smoothly, on time and – most importantly – with patients’ interests to the fore.
Curious, unbossed and inspired; we are committed to flexibility in the workplace.
Depending on the experience of the candidate, this position will be filled at either a Strategic Feasibility Manager or Strategic Feasibility Expert level.
As our Strategic Feasibility Manager / Strategic Feasibility Expert, you will lead the clinical feasibility strategy for Translational Medicine programs and trials in patients for Novartis. Collaborating across our global network. Partnering with world-class physicians and scientists. Championing projects. Providing therapeutic area expertise. Revolutionizing trial design. With a flair for data you will play a pivotal role in transitioning discovery research into clinical practice and bringing novel therapeutics closer to patients.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Establish and maintain geographic country footprint for assigned Therapeutic Areas (TA).
• Accountable and responsible for the oversight, coordination, and development of the global feasibility strategy for assigned clinical indications and patient trials in your assigned TA.
• Conduct data-driven feasibility assessments for early phase clinical studies, including country/site identification, enrollment strategy & modeling and providing input into protocol design optimization to accelerate study execution.
• Lead early strategic feasibility (including indication and operational feasibility) for a given indication, program, or trial; through the utilization of relevant tools and data sources to provide data on country start-up timelines, past recruitment rates and performance to assist Clinical Trial Teams with study timeline forecasting.
• Incorporate patient insights and clinical trial participant perspectives in feasibility and clinical trial design through engagement with Novartis Patients Insights and Experience team.
• Collaborate with high performing global study teams and key stakeholders across the organization at both the global and country level.
• Maintain current therapeutic area knowledge and assess impact of evolving information on operational strategies.
• Providing clear feasibility recommendations, establishing best practices, embracing an open, learning & sharing culture that unleashes the value of data and digital within clinical studies.
• Maintaining patient enrollment forecast from a strategic perspective in collaboration with Novartis Clinical Trial Teams. Responsible for re-forecasting patient enrollment models to adjust for changing trial environment (e.g. protocol amendment, competitive trials, increased screen failure rate).
• Development and implementation of feasibility specific risk mitigation strategies.
• Storytelling, through the use of data, that facilitates a data driven decision-making process.
The ideal location for this role is Cambridge, MA but remote work may be possible (there may be some exceptions based on legal entity registration). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. If associate is remote, all home office expenses and any travel/lodging to Cambridge, MA for periodic live meetings will be at the employee’s expense.