Production Maintenance Technician II (Nights) $3000 Sign on Bonus
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Maintenance Technician II is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will perform routine and complex repairs and maintenance on Production equipment, including but not limited to work involving the execution of more than one of the typical maintenance trades: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, plastic and metal fabrication and repair and installation. Provides trouble shooting support on production equipment and recommends short- and long-term solutions to improve operational efficiencies through root cause investigation efforts related to machine down time.
Schedule: 3/4 Rotating 4:45 pm- 5:15 am
$3000 Sign on Bonus
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Leads routine, periodic and special inspections to determine repairs needed or corrective actions taken to prevent breakdowns, unsafe conditions or to comply with Company and/or Agency Rules and Regulations.
- Performs Production Equipment change-over as dictated by schedule or requested by shift supervisor (as needed or directed to best meet departmental objectives).
- Interprets blueprints, equipment manuals, layouts and wiring diagrams.
- Leads the effort of preparing documentation regarding Preventive Maintenance and Machine Operation through effective communication and collaboration with Production Supervisors, Manager and Engineering.
- Sets up and operates all equipment needed to perform assigned tasks.
- Escorts and assists as necessary, outside repair persons in the performance of their contractual obligations. Escorts Agency testing technicians to assure timely completion of their tasks as it relates to production equipment.
- Maintains appropriate records, keeps inventory of spare parts and materials and provides Supervisor with the information necessary to secure needed replacement parts or special materials needed to effect proper repairs on all equipment.
- Responds to alarm or trouble calls as required and maintains a strong floor presence.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE YOU"LL BRING:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3+ years of related experience in a similar role.
- Hands-on electro-mechanical repair, rebuild, field service experience.
- Familiarity with formal preventative maintenance program.
- Technical Certificate as a Electro-Mechanical Technician, Industrial Maintenance Technician or a Technical Degree in Precision Machining and Manufacturing, Automotive Repair, or related technical field.
- 3+ years’ experience as an electromechanical technician, experience with automation in the medical field.
- 3+ years of diverse experience in high volume production setting
- Prior experience working in a company operating under ISO, FDA, or similar quality systems or regulations.
- Knowledge of inventory control and asset management including spare part list development, preventative maintenance, and appropriate SOP’s pertaining to asset acquisition, validation, calibration and retirement.
- Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities