Scientist I, Analytical Development
Scientist 1, Analytical Development
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma Inc and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM's intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms -- both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell-based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Massachusetts.
Astellas is announcing a Scientist 1, Analytical Development opportunity at their Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) site in Westborough, MA.
Highly motivated and technically proficient individual to join our team and contribute to and advance the development of cell therapy products. This individual will develop and optimize a variety of analytical tests and collaborate closely within the team and across functional groups (R&D/QC) to advance multiple pipeline programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Individually contributes to developing and optimizing analytical tests required for new product development and scale-up.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of cell biology principles and meticulous technical aptitude for analytical methods.
- Develops strategy and technologies to perform experiments and analytical procedures, applying a variety of scientific principles.
- Evaluates and defines analytical approaches to meet global regulatory guidelines.
- Analyzes data, draws conclusions, writes technical reports and SOPs and makes suggestions based on results of experiments.
- Coordinates research efforts and makes key technical contributions.
- May lead the development of analytical tests, including identifying and applying innovative techniques and methodologies.
- Maintains accurate records such as notebooks, batch records and SOPs.
- This position interacts with multiple functional groups and levels of management. Actions have direct impact on analytical and process development with indirect implications on manufacturing operations.
- Reports to Analytical Development Sr. Scientist or Associate Director, Department of Technical Operations