Process Machine Operator- 3rd Shift/ 3rd Weekend Shift- Columbus Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Processing Panel Operator
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Process Panel Operator. This site is Abbott’s oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 floating holidays + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A PROCESSING PANEL OPERATOR
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality and safety system.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of liquid adult, pediatric and medical nutritional products. Lifting and physical handling of raw ingredients during the weighing, staging and manufacturing processes, material handling/dispensing, operations of scales, portable pumps, container rinsers, homogenizers
- Hand Cleaning, clean-in-place (CIP), heat treatment systems, cleaning-out-of-place (COP), routine housekeeping
- Interaction with computer systems that are integrated into the manufacturing process along with documentation of manufacturing steps in accordance with work order and job procedures.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of bulk slurries for blending operations, heat treatment processes, controlled weigh system of batch ingredients
- Operation/monitoring/documentation of a computer-controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system utilized for manufacturing equipment (i.e. tanks, heat treatment system, etc.)
- Receipt and unloading of bulk raw ingredients and CIP chemicals
- You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to continuously lift up to 50lbs throughout the shift
- Knowledge of food processing techniques and documentation requirements.
- Ability to read and follow work order documents, troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and operate powered industrial vehicles.
- Should possess a good mechanical aptitude and solid problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a plant production environment (preferably within drug, food or beverage manufacturing).
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.