Territory Account Manager, DOVATO - DC/Northern VA
AS AN EMPLOYEE OF VIIV HEALTHCARE, YOU ARE ALSO A GSK EMPLOYEE RECEIVING 100% OF THEIR ROBUST TOTAL REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Northern VA- Fairfax and Alexandria
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV Healthcare is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on for the prevention and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in prevention, treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV Healthcare has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those at-risk or affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV Healthcare isn’t just somewhere to work – it’s a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV Healthcare, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV Healthcare is seeking an experienced, results-driven professional in Specialty Sales for the position of Territory Account Manager (TAM) on the Dovato Sales Team. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment and work with HCPs to adopt a new approach to HIV prevention will be essential to delivering success in this role. Additionally, the abilities to partner cross-functionally and to remain highly adaptable in a launch context will be critical. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives in accordance with territory and account level goals.
Successful outcomes will include selling to HCPs, servicing their accounts, and being aligned to ViiV Healthcare’s mission of leaving no person with HIV behind.
- Regional Sales Director (first line leader)
- Area Vice President of Sales (second line leader)
Key Relationships to Drive Success
- Senior Sales Leaders
- Dovato and Cabenuva sales teams
- Field Strategy and Operations
- Market Access
- Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
- Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM)
- Community Medical Liaisons/Contract Nurses
- Community Engagement Specialists (CES)
- HCPs - private practice, community clinics, and integrated systems
- Physician Support Staff
- Broader HIV community (Aids Service Orgs)
- Local business, regulatory and legal stakeholders
- Specialty Pharmacies
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Deliver Results Through Exceptional Sales and Service
- Identify, target, and win new business by working with HCPs to adopt a new approach to HIV prevention
- Engage with HCPs, nurses, staff, and administrators to accurately understand the clinical, organizational, and financial challenges and opportunities within target accounts
- Leverage data analytics, business acumen, and market expertise to identify high-priority prospects
- Prepare and execute business plans that are tailored to the unique needs of each customer and that help HCPs scale their prevention model to reach more people at risk for HIV
- Coordinate, engage, and partner with multiple cross-functional team members (i.e., Clinical Nurse Educators and Field Reimbursement Managers) to deliver an integrated product experience to customers
- Maintain a portfolio-based selling mindset and close internal communication loops to ensure customers experience a cohesive, integrated ViiV Healthcare
- Provide exceptional customer service by proactively anticipating and addressing HCP problems, needs and requests
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration between prevention and treatment TAMs enabling a ONE ViiV Healthcare approach in shared customer accounts
- Deliver and adapt execution plans to achieve performance goals and objectives utilizing; KPIs, scaling of successes, business problem solving, etc.
- Develop and foster external relationships with key influential customers and thought leaders
Compliance, Accountabilities, and Values Based Culture
- Act in ways consistent with ViiV Healthcare’s culture, expectations, and values
- Be an agent of change by embracing the ambiguity in a launch environment and seeing setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow
- Escalate issues and risks when needed; display courage by ‘speaking up’
- Understand and follow key compliance and regulatory guidelines
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 5+ years pharmaceutical sales experience as consistent top performer,
- Minimum of 3 years’ specialty experience
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight travel, majority of time will be spent in market
- Experience partnering cross functionally within an integrated account team model that includes multiple field-based team members
- Valid Driver's License
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or Life Sciences
- Strong planning and organization skills, analytical ability, business acumen, decision making ability, and problem-solving skills
- Experience to influence and collaborate cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in sales success in complex market access coverage situations
- Experience working with HCPs to procure, manage, and administer cold chain treatment products
- Knowledge of the HIV treatment and/or prevention markets
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At ViiV, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
ViiV has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiV shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.