Intern, Worldwide Patient Safety (Summer 2023)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This is an internship position in Worldwide Patient Safety (WWPS). Through this position we provide education through job training across a variety of fields within patient safety. Our group is responsible for activities including but not limited to: driving innovation across patient safety, digital insights & analytics, process improvement, data analysis & reporting support, vendor management and risk management services. WWPS is transforming from a volume-based to value-based learning organization, with predictive, insights-driven, patient centric information capabilities.
In this position, we are seeking a self-motivating student, who is keen on gaining relevant real-world experience within the pharmaceutical industry. The intern will work closely with professional mentors who will support the honing of professional skills and facilitate the building of a professional network.
- Work with data analytics to generate business relevant reports.
- Support clinical data management activities.
- Assist in development, editing, design and format of internal and external communication documents.
- Researches and presents future focused advancements in safety data collection, collation, evaluation and communication capabilities to guide WWPS business strategies.
- Active participation in informal networking/mentor meetings and formal symposiums.
- Data Integrity review and reporting.
- Generate and report Global Safety Operations metrics; brainstorm on metric improvement.
- Executes searches of the worldwide literature and other data sources, applying critical thinking and independent research skills to ensure the information is appropriate and usable.
- Organizes requirements and/or resources based on Epidemiologist’s Book of Work and other upcoming tasks and activities for assigned product portfolio.
- Proactive report review to confirm database configuration.
- Assist in safety surveillance and signal detection for products across therapeutic areas.
- Provide project management support, services for proof of concept projects, and support process design and improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate or undergraduate in data science, statistics, mathematics, or life sciences or health sciences
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience with being digitally savvy
- Strong organizational skills, along with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-starter who enjoys the challenge of working in a complex environment
- Experience working with diverse teams
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.