Sr. Manager - Contingent Labor Program
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BMS Talent Acquisition is seeking a Senior Manager to oversee the daily service delivery of the Contingent Labor Program. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of mid-large market contingent workforce management in partnership with MSP and VMS teams. The position will be based out of our Summit, New Jersey office. In this pivotal role, you will partner across HR COE’s, Vendor Suppliers, Functional Support teams, and Business leaders to operationalize the processes, technologies and resources associated with our multi-channeled Talent Acquisition strategies. Your focus is wide as you will lead initiatives in every category of contingent workforce management.
The Talent Acquisition team is an evolving organization and your input will directly influence Bristol-Myers Squibb's future. If you absolutely love finding creative ways enable solutions, drive efficiencies and further explore how the contingent workforce can augment the total talent strategy at BMS - then this is a once-in-a-career opportunity for you to join our team.
Under the direction of the Contingent Workforce Lead, the Sr, Manager will have responsibility for the delivery of services for the Contingent Workforce program across BMS and heritage Celgene programs as well as ensuring quality customer service and high user satisfaction on behalf of all partners aligned to the program.
The ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships is critical in order to facilitate quick and accurate issue resolution and continue to build program with the end users.
- Oversee day-to-day functions of the MSP and VMS teams and demonstrate a comprehensive mastery of all day-to-day and strategic functions that are required to service the program. These may include staffing des, payrolling, 1099, SOW worker classification, invoicing, systems integrations, reporting, third party contracts, worker on and offboarding, co-employment, reporting, analysis, risk mitigation, etc.
- Implement total talent and innovation strategies and tools to achieve internal KPI’s and contracted service level metrics across all TA partners
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the pharma industry, company products, markets, competition, and financial positions.
- Providing subject matter expertise in the contingent landscape, presenting market intelligence and strategy recommendations for compliance and risk mitigation.
- Aid in creating critical partnership with global procurement in the performance of our MSP and VMS partners as well as development and enforcement of program governance
- Conduct regular meetings with super users, key stakeholders, HR, procurement, contracts, and any other cross functional teams
- Enforce program policy, contract compliance, and resolve day to day issues with all MSP, suppliers and end users
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained and updated on a regular basis
- Monitor staffing levels, anticipate hiring trends, and partner with CW Lead to drive strategic initiatives that maintain and improve service delivery and program enhancements.
- Provide hands-on staff management, leadership modeling, and professional development support to all team members including performance improvement plans, annual reviews, and regularly scheduled training initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and refine the Talent Acquisition value proposition, and where appropriate help shape future total talent strategy.
- Manage the day to day oversight of the Contingent Labor Program, in partnership with the Master Service Provider, to deliver best in class services to meet evolving contingent staffing needs.
- Monitor labor and talent trends to optimize the Talent Acquisition Channel strategies to meet diverse business objectives
- Partner with procurement and supplier diversity teams to monitor our preferred staffing partners and programs
- Provide MSP and VMS partners with ongoing evaluation of performance and provide feedback on areas needing improvement
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the onboarding and off boarding of the contingent and employee workforce is aligned to our company values and follows company policies and external governing entities
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills with an ability to ‘manage up’ and operate at senior and/or executive levels within TA, HR, Procurement and the broader enterprise management levels.
- Drive any special projects that are assigned with project plan and documentation.
- Provide innovative, and scalable solutions that change how we acquire and process talent to drive dramatic improvements.
- Incorporate opportunities for program enhancement and improvements into daily operations
- Regularly review MSP team operations, act as internal partner to drive resolution and aid in decision making.
- Become an expert in VMS tool and gain working knowledge of all HRIS systems which are used in daily operations, including any integrations and feeds between VMS
- Manage, develop, and train all direct reports
- Host regular 1-1s, deliver annual reviews, provide performance coaching and set/monitor development targets
- Perform or participate in project management activities for daily items, new implementations, special projects as required.
- 5-7 years in contingent workforce management experience (MSP or enterprise)
- Working knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities and significant experience with managing various Performance Metrics and Service Level Agreements and a variety of contingent labor related staffing needs
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Vlookup, filters and pivots are a must
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Possesses high level initiative, ability to multi-task, and has excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools and ability to present a strong narrative through analytics.
- ability to communicate with all levels of leadership, driving action and persuading audiences
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Project Management experience
- Ability to prioritize deliverables, making changes as needed on a day to day basis
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, and critical problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with Workday HR Technology or other Core HR systems
- Understanding of enterprise data architecture and process modeling
- Understanding of Lean, Scrum, Kanban execution principles
- Financial and budget planning and reporting experience
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.