Principal Network Architect
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of.
Principal Network ArchitectLive
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will drive the identification, implementation and enhancement of modern technologies for all Amgen Global locations and enterprise network infrastructure strategy, collaborating with business and technology customers to identify and understand, assess and compose requirements. The Senior Network Solutions Architect will create and document solutions, reference architectures, and detailed implementation and support plans. Conceptualize solutions, build consensus and implement solutions. They may design solutions, conduct research, analysis, design in order to make recommendations that advance business capabilities. They will be the overall lead in providing network standards, best practices, roadmap and strategy for our broad range of network technologies.
- Responsible for supporting the development of network architecture enabling the organization to meet business objectives.
- Supports designing technology solutions which will support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization.
- Analyzes business and IT requirements and ensures that systems will be secure and effectively integrated with current infrastructure.
- Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to Infrastructure Engineering and Application teams regarding new technologies and system requirements.
- Has thorough knowledge of infrastructure, network architecture, and Application Delivery.
- Architect and create roadmaps for all Infrastructure related technology
- Participates in conversations with vendors and internal business customers on long-term business goals and objectives
- Support fiscally reasonable designs and architecture
- Leads Life Cycle Management (LCM) for Infrastructure technologies
- Participates in project management efforts including Intake, Preliminary Design, Gather Requirements, architecture review boards and project oversight.
- Support interactions for all IT initiatives.
- Participates in evaluations of technology and sourcing with executive leadership; assess new technologies; provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor roadmaps; ability to balance costs against benefits.
- Participates in the design and documentation of target architecture; evaluate and project capacity growth; ensure scalable and flexible core technologies; stay abreast of industry trends and to quickly assess new products; use Key Performance Indicators and effective metrics to improve key processes; bridge knowledge with peers across typically separate areas infrastructure landscape.
- Develops understanding of business drivers and stakeholder requirements; understanding of documentation and architectural frameworks; experience in capacity and performance management.
- Effectively integrates core capabilities with new technology to allow successful implementation developed solutions, projects and standards definitions.
- Supports and participates in architectural reviews and/or audits; defines and maintains documentation of network and technology standards, process, and policies related to core infrastructure areas.
- Develops and reviews solutions to ensure network systems and associated processes align with IT strategies and roadmaps.
- Participates in the review and recommendation of infrastructure technologies to meet business needs and priorities as aligned with enterprise strategies.
- Design the technical network infrastructure for the enterprise; optimally integrate solutions into the existing network; document current state network architecture; consult on key projects; help deploy solutions that meet the business’ needs and meet technical requirements.
- Provide technical and process expertise to support operations engineers; including involvement in major incidents/outages; ability to help resolve implementation issues, communicate system requirements and resolve system integration issues.
- Ability to conceptualize business needs and solutions at a high level and then develop technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Ability to understand the existing operational environment and drive improvement to existing design and solutions.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Network Architecture professional we seek is a domain expert with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Technology experience
OR Master’s degree and 6 years of Information Technology experience
OR Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Information Technology experience
OR Associate’s degree and 10 years of Information Technology experience
OR High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Technology experiencePreferred Qualifications:
Traditional Network Skills:
- Ten (10) years of experience leading the development and deployment of network communication (data/video) solution, including integration testing.
- Demonstrated ability designing, deploying, maintaining, and improving wired, wireless, and cloud networks.
- Demonstrated ability with network operating systems, including Cisco IOS and NxOS, Cisco ACI
- Demonstrated ability with LAN/WAN architecture and implementation for large enterprise networks (20,000 plus devices).
- Demonstrated ability creating and delivering detailed technical presentations of network solutions to Senior/Executive level Management.
- Demonstrated ability with Layer 2 and Layer 3 advanced protocols.
- 5+ years experience as a Cloud Network Engineer or equivalent engineering role.
- Senior level experience in infrastructure administration. Preferably with advanced Terraform coding deployments as a primary skill.
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud networking concepts and technologies
- Demonstrable ability to migrate workloads to the cloud
- Ability to configure, design, troubleshoot network architectures involving firewalls, Transit Gateways, Cross Connects and appliances
- In-depth knowledge of network security and security operations, including but not limited to: firewalls (Palo Alto, AWS WAF), F5 load balancers, unified threat management, IPS, etc.
- Deep technical knowledge across multiple technical domains including application development, cloud computing, security, identity and access management, and IT infrastructure.
- Familiarity with AWS' Managed & Governance Services – Landing Zone (or Control Tower), AWS Organizations, AWS Service Catalog, AWS SSO, AWS Security Hub, AWS Systems Manager, Cross AWS Account access etc.
- Very strong competency in working with AWS IAM (Identity and Access Management) portfolio of services like IAM Roles, Policies, Identify Federation, Service Control Policies (SCPs), AWS Organizations.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.