Labcorp is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join their Specimen Accessioning team in Weslaco, TX. The Specimen Accessioner will be responsible for performing specimen accessioning, sample sorting and data entry in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment according to established standard operating procedures.
The schedule for this position will be: 2nd Shift, Part-Time, Monday - Friday, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm.
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the laboratory to ensure accurate processing
- Open specimens and pour off into secondary containers to prepare for analysis and testing
- Verify patient demographic information matches the test requisition form submitted
- Data entry of patient information into the computer system for tracking purposes
- Meet key production metrics and quality measures to ensure timely and accurate results
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities when required
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Resolve and document any problem specimens
- Handle and dispose of medical and chemical waste
- Comply with applicable environmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Operate automated instrumentation under supervision if necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No relevant experience is required
- Previous medical or production experience is preferred
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Must pass standardized color vision test
- Comfortable handling human biological specimens including blood, urine and tissue samples
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, work in protective equipment and sit/stand for long periods of time
- Strong eye hand coordination in order to accurately identify specimens by touch and sight
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work overtime when needed
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.