Automation Maintenance Technician - Associate Technical Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Does the thought of building an entirely new site from the ground up excite you? Do you love building and developing high performing teams? If you have a passion for talent development and want to be a part of Amgen’s mission to serve patients – every patient every time – then check out this exciting new opportunity.
Be part of the Amgen Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation, a new facility focused on medical device assembly and packaging of injectable medicines. When completed, the Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation facility will not only feature the best in-class assembly and packaging technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgen’s plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
Associate Technical Engineering: New Albany
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. At Amgen we are committed to being science-based and follow a continuous learning approach to advancing science, driving discovery, and igniting innovation that works to help reduce disease. It is in this context that we endorse an inclusive and diverse workforce that helps fuel scientific innovation and problem solving, leading to better scientific solutions that benefit both patients and society.
Based in New Albany, Ohio, the site of Amgen’s new advanced product assembly and packaging plant. In this vital role you will provide technical engineering support on all system/equipment optimization strategies, upgrades, replacements, and modifications. You will evaluate and determine if utility systems, process maintenance, instrumentation/ calibration/electrical systems and technical cleaning systems are maintained in compliance with all applicable industry standards, regulatory standards and FDA standards in the Inspection and Packaging area
The original work schedule for this role will be an administrative schedule (Monday through Friday, approximately 8 am to 5 pm). As the facility moves into operation, the successful incumbent will be expected to join a shift team structure working to support coverage across Amgen’s 24-hour operations. These shift structures can be a great opportunity to better support individual work/life priorities.Responsibilities:
- Take part in the coordination of tech support on engineering, regulatory, compliance, calibration, quality, microbial/environmental, technical cleaning, validation, electrical and process automation issues.
- Assist during regulatory agency inspections. Provide technical support in response to the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Complete advanced maintenance activities or operate and monitor sophisticated plant support equipment in accordance with CFRs, cGMPs, SOPs, job plans and Amgen policies. Investigate complex issues or problems through the mentorship of experienced staff.
- Assist the team with maintaining an up-to-date working spare parts inventory system for the equipment/systems the team.
- Evaluate the current maintenance procedures and assist in the changes to optimize the maintenance program, trouble shoot and repair equipment/system failures.
- Interpret and review utility, process system/ equipment, plumbing, ductwork plans, architectural, and HVAC P&ID’s.
- Support Operations in Non-Standard shifts that includes weekends and/or holidays as determined by business.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will possess these qualifications.
Basic QualificationsBachelor’s degree
Associate’s degree and 4 years of Technical Engineering experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Technical Engineering experience
- Educational background in Mechatronics, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Understanding in PLC, Computer Serialization, Packaging Equipment, Inspection System
- SCADA/PLC Control System experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Biotechnology Industry
- Other Automated Control Systems to be supported are: Siemens and Rockwell HMI’s, Cognex Vision System, Sensor and Systech Serialization
- Experience with automation system hardware and software support, including installation
- Excellent organizational, project management, problem solving and technical writing capability
- Strong communication skills: verbal / written, collaboration, influencing and facilitation
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.