Demand Planner - Molecular Diagnostics.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
At Abbott Molecular we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory’s most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
The Demand Planner for our Latin America Market will work out of our Des Plaines, IL Location, executing tactical activities supporting S&OP forecasting and demand planning; participate in the development of highly predictable demand-based sales forecasts for all
products in the business portfolio; work cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals.
What You’ll Work On:
Responsible for executing tactical components of monthly S&OP processes including but not limited to:
- Consensus forecasts, cross-functional assumption alignment, and management review presentations; regularly perform sales forecasts and influence those outside of direct control, resolving conflicts to deliver consensus forecasts across the functional groups.
- Work cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals; coordinate with commercial management to develop product lifecycle; drive adherence to accountability; support project teams to ensure project success; provide regular benchmarking and adjust processes where beneficial.
- Generate predictable forecasts for maximum benefit for resource allocation, capital utilization and investment decisions, including but not limited to: ability to dependably manage inventory tightly, reduce distressed inventory and assess staffing requirements; responsible for managing lot sequestering for key customers and the allocation process.
- Monitor and recommend modifications to service metrics and safety stock levels; responsible for communicating product supply including; Drive the implementation of advanced analytics in business processes, KPI's and predictive modeling. Decisions to reposition inventory throughout the world to minimize customer backorders.
- Develop and recommend contingency plans in response to unexpected changes in demand/supply; provide timely and thorough assessment of problems and formulate solutions; propose solutions which present minimal disruption to the business; develop processes to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Participate in the preparation of executive level summaries and key assumptions, findings and observations along with actionable information; interpret ambiguous data; draw conclusions and provide recommendations.
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a finance or analytical role.
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- 3 years of experience working with inventory/ERP/MRP systems and/or software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to Influence without authority
- Experience in managing complex processes
- Consensus Building: capable of utilizing strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation and writing skills to successfully interact with subordinates, colleagues, and executive management.
- Team Oriented: builds strong relationships at every level of the organization and is a strong motivator who knows how to influence and get others to consistently do their best work. Overcomes barriers within own organization, peer organization and virtual organization.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.