Sr. Operational Technology (OT) Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Tipp City, OH currently has an opportunity for an Senior Operational Technology (OT) Engineer with state-of-the-art equipment and advanced automation, Abbott’s Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food Engineering Magazine’s “2017 Plant of the Year.” Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 260 that works together to help nourish the world.
The Senior OT Engineer will support and maintain manufacturing operation data systems including hardware and software.
- OSI PI, Ignition, ZPI data servers, Kepware, PTC, industrial IIoT, SPC
- Software change management and asset monitoring servers
- Manufacturing Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Inspection system software database
- Coordinate with IT support team to maintain secured IT infrastructure for manufacturing operation
- Anticipate future needs of the business by benchmarking internally and externally. Recognize indicators of future opportunities
- Initiate plans to acquire new skills required by changes in technology
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit, and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, medical benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks (1st year prorated) + vacation buy program
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] .
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deploy and support manufacturing systems. Provide technical consulting support to manufacturing operations and project engineers, as required
- Interface frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
- Prepare written communication. Convey information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, designers, technicians, and other technical personnel, both internal and external to Abbott, using appropriate communication protocols.
- Establish networks. Follow through on project goals; contribute willingly and incorporate the ideas of others; share resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business, e.g., participate in team meetings; serve as a functional expert in cross-project design review.
- Build relationships. Initiate and cultivate open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g., offer assistance; interact effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization.
- Resolve underlying problems. Identify full range of customer/ client needs and propose solutions to address them; make alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need, e.g., partners with an outside vendor to provide a better deliverable.
- Report through centralized engineering organization. Work under general direction. Independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Responsible for standardization and best practices, replicated globally. Requires frequent interactions with peers across sites and global regions.
- Identify and quantify technical risks and their consequences relative to the success of part of a project; recommends appropriate action, e.g., reports calculations and recommendations in terms concrete enough for management to make an informed decision
- Decisions or recommendations would typically achieve department/project objectives
- Drive functional performance to ensure that the highest standards in quality, customer service, and regulatory compliance are met
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a closely related discipline, OR equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a 5 or more years of significant IT, engineering, and/or operational experience
- Technical experience may contribute towards the desired education
- Demonstrated competency within the area of manufacturing controls or IT systems
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and IT and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences
- Has a technical background in health care, nutritional products, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, or similar industries
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.