Manufacturing Assembler I
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Manufacturing Assembler I
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, Nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps prevent, diagnose, and treat a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give accurate, timely information to manage your health better. We’re empowering more intelligent medical and economic decision-making to help transform how people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Pomona, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Assembler I within our Cardiometabolic & Informatics business unit. This role will be responsible for assembling toxicology drug test kits.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Performs Mechanical Assembly functions: Kits assembles; Locates and corrects problems by examining devices and components and visually inspecting parts/assemblies
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Notifies supervisor of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any production difficulties that cannot be readily corrected
- Activities require a significant amount of time standing and sitting at a workstation, walking to and from different workstations, and interacting with another assembly, inspection, engineering, and production personnel
- Significant use of hands and arms plus finger dexterity to lift, hold, insert, reach, point, and otherwise use and operate instruments, devices, and equipment, plus good eye-hand coordination.
- May on occasion lift to approximately 25 pounds
- Proforms other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work in a regulated environment, for example, FDA regulated environment
- 1 - 2 years of assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit, and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs, including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and a history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employee diversity.