Medical Technologist, Genomics *2nd Shift*
We are currently seeking an extraordinary, highly motivated individual to join our CLIA Operations team, with a focus on performing diagnostic testing on clinical and research use samples. The successful candidate will participate in all aspects of sample processing including receipt and accessioning, nucleic acid isolation, genomic library preparation and next generation sequencing following guidelines of regulatory agencies for academic, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical clients.
Second shift, Wednesday-Sunday, 3-11PM
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform molecular-based diagnostic analyses to support CLIA service work in a regulated laboratory environment
- Provide general input to the development of plans, programs, processes, priorities, and operational goals
- Maintain, follow, and assist in optimization of current laboratory protocols for maximum efficiency and yield
- Record activities in electronic database (LIMS) and written laboratory records
- Aid in managing supply and reagent inventory
- Manage several projects at once and master new concepts and skills quickly with attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly facility at all times
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other responsibilities required for successful CLIA operations as assigned by manager.
-Years of experience in the job discipline 3-4 years
-Years of experience in other professional roles 1- 2 years
-Other required work-related experiences:
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory (CLIA/CAP/GLP) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.