eMRO Client Services Representative
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
The position of eMRO Client Services Representative is within our Toxicology division located at our Kansas City, MO site within Workplace Solutions. In this role, the eMRO Client Services Representative is responsible for accuracy and integrity of the Workplace Solutions drug testing review process. This role communicates directly with clients, donors, MROs, labs, and clinicians to handle drug test inquiries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The eMRO Client Services Representative will be part of an elite group of personnel providing support to Abbott Rapid Diagnostics, Workplace Solutions clients. This support includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise in executing Drug Testing Services across Workplace Solutions broad customer base.
- Work closely with the MRO vendor, clients, clinicians, and other eScreen employees to ensure documentation accuracy and time efficiency for all results requiring medical review.
- Document detailed information related to client/donor interaction and review-related issues.
- Answer phone calls, and/or emails from clients, donors, clinicians, and laboratories relating to results, testing, documents processing, reporting, and other issues.
- Maintain the processes required for compliant medical review and assist in the resolution of issues related to that process.
- Coordinate receipt of source documents with the MRO; resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data on the documents under review.
- Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of all results in the MRO review process.
- Request documentation from vendors, clinics, or clients as required to complete the review process.
- Perform extensive follow-up with the client and other co-workers to assure completion of review in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to applicable Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Quality policies & procedures
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Medical Assistant Credential
- MROa certification
- Call center/phone triage experience
- Prior drug testing knowledge
- Federal DOT drug testing regulation knowledge
- Ability to understand and explain general collection, laboratory, and medical review procedures
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]