Job Description: Technologist (MS Operator)
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in chemical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent research and problem resolution skills
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work effectively in fast paced high volume environment
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior GC/MS and LC/MS experience preferred
The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world. If you are motivated by job satisfaction LabCorp is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients.
LabCorp Occupational Testing Services in Houston, TX has a great opportunity for a Forensic Mass Spectrometry Technologist. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory field. The MS Operator Technologist works in a fast paced, production type environment. This employee will be responsible for operation, maintenance, loading and unloading of assay/drug specific batches of specimens onto instrumentation for confirmatory analysis by gas or liquid chromatographic mass spectrometry.
- Perform GC/MS and LC/MS operation, maintenance, confirmation batch loading and unloading in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and supervisor guidance.
- Review and interpret confirmatory GC/MS and LC/MS chromatographic data and all associated quality control, calibration and instrument data.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory or instrument supplies and reagents. Notify appropriate personnel or supervisor of any shortages.
- Preparation of reagents and mixtures essential to MS department.
- Follow proper chemical waste disposal procedures, and handling of chemicals according to the safety manual and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) protocols.
- Understand and follow quality procedures and protocols for security and confidentiality.
- Follow chain of custody procedures with accuracy and consistency. Verify chain of custody and specimens received.
- Perform and record instrument and equipment maintenance and function checks.
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures and protocols as directed.
- Understand and comply with all laboratory and safety policies.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
About the Position:
- Scheduled days: Tuesday – Saturday
- Scheduled Hours 3:00pm – 11:30pm, some overtime required
About our Company:
LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories and specialty testing laboratories. With scientific expertise in esoteric testing, genomics, and clinical and anatomic pathology, LabCorp processes tests on approximately 470,000 specimens each day, applying advances in medicine and science to laboratory testing. LabCorp operates a sophisticated laboratory network, with corporate headquarters in Burlington, NC, and more than 48,000 employees worldwide. LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group is a family brand that ties together fully integrated specialty laboratories recognized for industry-leading expertise and the latest developments in medical diagnostics. Each lab has a reputation for innovation and quality: Bode Cellmark Forensics, Colorado Coagulation, Dianon Pathology, Endocrine Sciences, Integrated Genetics, Integrated Oncology, LabCorp DNA Identity, Litholink, MedTox Laboratories, Monogram Biosciences, National Genetics Institute, and ViroMed. With the addition of Covance in 2015, LabCorp's companies that focused on clinical trials (LabCorp Clinical Trials and Tandem Laboratories) aligned under the Covance brand. With more than 48,000 employees in over 60 countries, Our 220,000 clients include physician offices, hospitals, managed care organizations, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under ticker symbol LH. We have continued to innovate internally and invest strategically in scientific excellence, and we continue to be passionate about patient care and quality.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.