Senior Data and Reporting Analyst
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The Senior Data and Reporting Analyst is responsible for managing day to day data operations to maintain high quality of US commercial data in Astella's data systems and enable confident utilization of this data by downstream functions like Incentive Compensation, Field Reporting, Targeting, Analytics etc. This role is also responsible for managing field reporting applications by partnering with various cross functional internal/external business, and technology & application partners.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Running established data quality checks on a regular cadence for scheduled deliveries -- IC extracts, field reports etc. for assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Act as business owner of the field reporting application, responsible for capturing requirements, prioritizing updates and ensuring on time release/publishing of the reports for the assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Propose new checks based on data findings and participate/brainstorm in automation discussions with cross functional teams.
- Work very closely with data vendors to ensure timely delivery of data feeds and resolve any issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all impacted stakeholders any data delays or inaccuracies due to issues in source data and/or internal data systems.
- Identify and timely flag any patterns of issues with source data or internal system and participate in solution meetings to articulate the issue and business impact clearly.
- Address any field inquires related to US commercial data in general and specifically inquires or concerns related to field reporting application.
- Create and maintain documentation related to data operations, including but not limited to operations calendar, business rules, quality checks, KPIs etc.
- Work with Field leadership to capture operational data like market factors, account splits, overrides etc. and use appropriate internal systems and follow governance processes to maintain this information.
- Maintain working relations and work closely with cross functional teams to resolve any data or reporting issues immediately minimizing business disruption.
- Proactively find data issues and ensure timely delivery of complete and accurate data for downstream functions.
- Timely publishing of field reports with complete and accurate data.
- Maintain high quality documentation and adhere to data governance processes.
- Resolve any data issues and field enquiries in a timely manner.
Reports to Associate Director, Data Enablement.
This position requires close collaboration with internal cross functional departments within Sales and Marketing Operations, Analytics, and technology and application partners. This is an individual contributor role but requires to be a strong team player and ability to navigate through complex org matrix to identify and fulfill data needs.