Director US Patient Engagement Therapeutic Area
The Director Patient Engagement (Therapeutic Area) US drives the PE strategy implementation at Therapeutic Area level in the US and ensures the appropriate implementation of the PE Strategy (5 Decision Points) and contributes to the creation of the Global PE strategies in strong collaboration with the Global Director PE in the Therapeutic Area. The PE TA Director ensures resourcing for the US PE TA as well as execution process. Represents PE at the US Therapeutic Area team and ensures key stakeholder management, two-way communication, and alignment with US regulatory as well as other key functions inside and outside Novartis. Ensures high level quality of legal and compliance standards.
• Develop and drive an integrated US market PE strategy for a specific TA across the medicine’s life cycle, including development and therapeutic area units in close collaboration and alignment with the Global PE lead
• Inputs the US perspective into global PE strategies and into the co-creation of the respective Therapeutic Area strategies as member of the US cross-functional Therapeutic Area leadership teams.
• Ensure global and US local PE Therapeutic area strategies are co-created with patient community representatives from US
• Ensure PE input into commercialization and launch strategies fit for purpose for US launches
• Develop and maintain relationship with the US TA patient communities
• Lead allocated TA team ensuring high quality PE activity execution
• Ability to drive PE strategy as proven change agent
• Deep understanding how patient needs drive functional strategies and how patient and other stakeholder needs shape US strategies.
• Deep understanding R&D process and how to influence development strategies and programs by integrating insights on patient needs into medicines development strategy and deep understanding of the connectivity to commercial strategy
• Proven ability to oversee and design early commercial strategies (incl. pre-and post launch growth strategies) fit for purpose in US
• Deep understanding of the medicines lifecycle, the US health care system, pharma industry, and patient community and the interconnectivity of the HC systems stakeholders
• High level strategic partnering skills with proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels internal and external and produce high quality PE plans
• Able to represent Novartis in US internal and external fora
• Highly effective in matrix structures to create alignment, manage conflict resolution and drive change