Clinical Laboratory Technologist – Histology
New Grads Welcome – Full Training Provided
We are seeking Histology Professionals to join the LabCorp team where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Come work in our Pathology laboratory located in Shelton, CT alongside a highly trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient. Please note, you will need to provide official sealed transcripts as well as documentation for any applicable certification to secure employment with LabCorp.
The schedule for this position will be 2nd Shift- Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:30am.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Complete technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides
- Process human tissue and body fluid specimens in preparation for microscopic exam
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform various immunohistochemically tests on embedded tissue sections
- Prepare the stains and reagents needed for special procedures
- Section and mount embedded properly on a microscope slide
- Conduct various routine and special staining procedures
- Properly orient and embed surgical tissue specimens
- Maintains control tissue block and slide inventory
- Operate and maintain manual and automated instruments
- Perform and document daily and monthly preventive equipment maintenance
- Record equipment log data in an accurate and timely manner
- Troubleshoot and resolve all complex specimen or specialty cases
- Carry out corrective actions to ensure equipment is operating at required standards
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, analysis and reporting
- Adhere to all of the laboratory's quality control policies and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- Histology/ASCP certification is preferred
- Familiarity with routine histology procedures and equipment
- Comfortability embedding both large and small specimens
- Immunohistochemistry experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
***** $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates Only!! *****
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge, and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .