Sanitation Manager- Columbus Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our Columbus, OH location is Abbott’s oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
The Plant Sanitation Senior Specialist provides guidance and direction of plant sanitation for manufacturing operations, warehouse and plant grounds. This role works under the direct supervision of the Plant Quality Director. The purpose of the job is to implement food safety, sanitation, and regulatory compliance policies, procedures and training.
- In the role as Plant Sanitation Specialist, it is part of the site’s success and compliance by:
- Driving and implementing holistic plant sanitation programs, policies and procedures for plant, warehouse and plant grounds; Assuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and all food safety policies and procedures
- Acting as sanitation support in the process of assessing and mitigating safety risk associated with construction and major maintenance.
- Collaborate/Coordinate with Facility Supervisor, Operations Leadership, Operations Associates and Site Cleaning Crew to achieve desired Environmental Monitoring performance and Pest Control performance
- Evaluating facility sanitary conditions, assessing risk based on food safety and public health principles, prioritizing corrective actions, and verifying sanitation activities and validation testing
- Responsibility for the Plant Microbiology Lab, Program, and Methods
- Evaluating monthly environmental samples for monitoring of pathogenic organisms in plant, trending the results and developing corrective actions
- Conformance to master cleaning schedule and applicable cGMP guidelines, best practices and requirements.
- Assist in developing and implementing all sanitation related training for sanitation and plant employees as needed;
- Ensures all safety requirements related to sanitation are met including proper chemical storage,
- MSDS, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and procedures.
- Maintaining and writing detailed clean up procedures and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures for all plant equipment, driving towards reduced water and air usage.
Education and experience you'll bring:
Bachelors Degree and significant experience in plant quality/food safety/Sanitation
Desired: Certification as a Sanitarian and Pesticide Application
·Understanding and application of microbiological principles with in depth food borne pathogen
·Knowledge of HACCP, Sanitation principles and Food Safety Preventive Controls (FSPC)
·Understanding of the appropriate wet cleaning and dry cleaning methodology.
·Experience in successfully addressing environmental sanitation challenges in areas such as drains, floors, walls, roofs, and equipment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.