Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Interested in applying your wealth of technical knowledge and experience towards an opportunity in the medical field where you can improve the lives of people with diabetes?
Candidates will work with a modern tech stack on a Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud platform that strives to improve the health and well-being of users in over 49 countries. The core platform consists of systems housed in a large-scale environment responsible for processing billions of tasks every day. The candidate should have strong leadership ability and bring a passion for software engineering to help shape the direction of the team. Highly sought-after qualities include versatility and a desire to continuously learn, improve, and empower other team members. Candidate will support building scalable, highly available, efficient, and secure cloud solutions for a medical device SaaS.
#cloud #engineer #cloudengineer #softwaredev #softwaredevelopment #go #api #kubernetes #agile #opensource
- Learn and improve our existing Go-based health care platforms
- Design and implement services and components utilizing Go for cloud-based platforms
- Developing high-volume, low-latency services for a global health care platform
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop and integrate with APIs that empower users to share and utilize their medical data in partner systems
- Design and implement unit testable code that is highly maintainable
- Collaborate directly with InfoSec to design and implement secure solutions
- Collaborate with both internal and external team members to to shape and define API contracts
- Provide new ideas and insight in collaboration with the data services team
- Ensure performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design.
- Contribute to significant architectural and operational decisions in collaboration with the Architecture team
- Build out internal tooling and APIs to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer.
- Implement systemic changes to align existing systems with current architectural goals
- Create diagrams, flowcharts and models that illustrate the internal design and workflow of solution components
- Collaborate as an engaged member of an agile team, realizing features through development, test, and delivery
- Engage in technical planning, design, and code reviews including peer code review of Pull Request
- Stay current with emerging trends, making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, other relevant field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with data design and database technologies such as SQL Server, Postgres or similar.
- Software development experience with Go. Strong knowledge of idiomatic Go and best practices. Good knowledge of concurrency in Go - goroutines, channel patterns, Go ecosystem, and tools and frameworks.
- Experience contributing to a scalable architecture/design of existing and new systems that are highly available and easy to maintain and monitor
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly complex asynchronous messaging and backend processing jobs
- Practical experience and understanding of working with and developing RESTful APIs and microservices
- Ability to work well with a team in a high-performance organization
- Comfortable working asynchronously with a distributed team
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- A willingness to learn new software development languages to meet goals and objectives
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and experience with software development
- Eagerness to contribute beyond experience level
- Understanding and familiarity of Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Practical Knowledge of Linux
- Exposure to Kubernetes/Docker or other container services
- Experience with open-source software development
Experience with observability and profiling tools such as Open Telemetry or pprof