The Plan Sponsor Insights (PSI) team provides customer level consultative analytics and reporting for Aetna’s commercial and healthcare business segments. Working on the PSI team provides the opportunity for exposure to senior levels of management within Aetna as well as to customers and consultants. The work environment supports and thrives on out-of-the box thinking and creative talent. Our team is highly valued by our internal partners as well as the customers we serve.
Plan Sponsor Insights (PSI) is searching for an experienced customer-facing analyst that uses data from various sources to understand a customer’s health plan performance, how programs and strategies have influenced that performance, and ultimately provide solutions and strategies to the customer in a consultative manner.
The Sr. Population Health Analytic Consultant's primary responsibility within this position is to interpret, analyze and provide strategies related to the overall plan results for a customer. Results may include things such as medical cost, pharmacy cost, clinical programs and population health. This role will require creating reports or presentations as necessary and the analyst will need to be able to articulate results to a wide range of audiences including customers and consultants and must be able to present complex information in a compelling format and manner. The individual in this position may conduct weekly and monthly analytic reviews with a cross functional team and must be able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the healthcare industry including benefit plans, medical management programs, population health and incentive strategies. The candidate must have strong technical and communication skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities. They must maintain up-to-date knowledge of external/industry trends.
You will have the opportunity to drive the benchmarking analysis and monitor trends for our healthcare business segment.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Business/Industry Knowledge: Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience interpreting/analyzing all aspects of a customer’s experience (financial results, medical management results, population health, effectiveness of incentive/wellness strategies, etc.). Experience must include using data across the spectrum of a customer’s products/results to tell the ‘story’, connect the dots between various strategies and results and ultimately identify, value and communicate areas of opportunity.
Must have strong knowledge of claim coding (CPT/DRG, etc.), provider networks, benefit designs, healthcare products/funding, medical management programs and financial acumen.
- Technical Skills: Must possess strong technical skills in SAS EG, Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) as well as experience using analytic/reporting applications. Must be experienced in running ad hoc queries using relational databases including knowledge of inner/left/right joins and other coding concepts needed to run queries.
- Strong communication skills. Able to articulate (verbally and written) complex business results, issues and strategies in a clear, concise and confident manner to all levels and positions of an organization (internal and external).
- Relationship management: Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
- Strategic Thinking: Must have demonstrated ability to think strategically in an independent manner and ‘out of the box’ versus accepting the status quo.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.