Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 480 that works together to help nourish the world.
The Plant has an opening for a Maintenance Planner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler manages the Facility Maintenance Department’s maintenance work order functions.
- The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for all activities deployed from the maintenance department which entail both scheduled and unscheduled work orders.
- Work closely with Maintenance and Technical Services staff as well as procurement personnel to coordinate the department’s purchasing process, preventative and predictive maintenance system, work order system, and equipment spare part inventories.
- Scheduling and coordination of departmental materials and resources. Responsible for determining the specifications of spare parts under the facility’s spare parts program.
- A keen ability to interact with other departments (i.e. Production, Technical Services, Quality Assurance, Shipping & Receiving, Clerical, and Management) is mandatory to achieve team planning and scheduling.
- The position must facilitate the department’s need to be a high performance team through means of positive actions and attitudes to support products produced on time, within specifications, and at the least cost.
- Customers of our product have ever changing demands and this position requires flexibility to meet these expectations. Mission World Class Principles are to be utilized in all aspects of the position.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) exhibit effective team relationships at all levels of the organization; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately according to changes in direction, seek understanding as necessary.
- Expected to appropriately communicate department deficits and provide options and solutions to roadblocks.
- Oversee the implementation and accurate utilization of the Maintenance Department’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Review new work requests. Scope and schedule work orders for building/facility equipment. Confer with requestors as necessary.
- Estimate craft labor requirements, reserve and kit up all stock and order all non-stock material, ensure all resources are available before the work order is scheduled.
- Develop historical job estimates and job plan standards for repetitive jobs.
- Maintain continuous communication with operations and production planning. Determine labor capacity for schedule and prepare weekly schedule for approval.
- Track work orders to completion. Verify all completed work orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Track and report work order status/backlog to Maintenance Department and plant management.
- Track and report KPIs as requested by management (i.e. Plant and equipment maintenance downtime, PM and PdM compliance rates, actual vs. scheduled work hours, Reactive man hours vs. Total man hours worked, repair costs per asset, OEE/TEEP).
- Monitor purchase order statuses for parts kits and work requirements. Provide feedback to Maintenance Department management as warranted.
- Generate weekly maintenance summary reports for Maintenance Department and management.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Maintenance Manager in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Execute position requirements with little or no supervision.
- Communicate effectively with outside vendors and equipment manufacturers.
- Pursue/maintain the corporate MRO initiatives.
- Participate in the Plant Safety program and practices.
- Be proficient with standard Microsoft Office software packages (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.).
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must possess at least six (6) years of industrial maintenance experience or advanced education in electrical, mechanical, or electronics engineering.
- Minimum of three years planning and scheduling experience
- Must possess above average knowledge of the mechanical and electrical components used in the facility’s building/facility equipment.
- Must possess good time management and organization skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Robust vacation package
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]