Grad Intern - Spatial-Omics (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - Spatial-Omics (Remote)Live
This could be your everyday
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During this program, you will join our Biomics Data Science team and play an essential role in building a pipeline for integrating spatial transcriptome with multi-modalities.
- Collect and annotate the publicly available datasets and existing in-house generated spatial transcriptome datasets across different technologies
- Benchmark the current open-source tools/algorithms for spatial transcriptome analysis
- Effectively communicate to team members at Biomics Data Science group meeting
Here’s what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The hardworking individual we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Master’s program for a
- Master’s internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR
- Master’s OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Degree concentration(s) in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, or a similarly quantitative discipline
- Fluent in Python or R
- Demonstrated experience with single cell RNA-seq analysis
- Spatial omics-related experience is a plus
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join [Register to View] Please search for Keyword R-155612
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.