ViiV (GSK) Director, Digital Health Innovation Strategy
*ViiV Healthcare Employees receive 100% of GSK's Total Rewards and Benefits
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV.
Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, in prevention, treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care.
We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
Working in collaboration across leaders and teams in ViiV the Director, Digital Health Innovation Strategy will identify transformative commercial innovations and support the implementation of them linked to our current and future products. Their role is expected to support core company strategies based on identifying what patients and consumers, providers, payers, and other stakeholders will expect - in future integrated systems where medical products and digital services work seamlessly together to optimize patient outcomes.
It is expected this role will play a world leading and pioneering role in enabling the next generation of products and services for people living with HIV and people at risk of HIV.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead and support strategy development and assessment of innovations and new external engagement opportunities for ViiV globally – innovation areas include but not exclusive to digital tools to support health outcomes and product use, diagnostic technologies, connected device technologies, AI, end-to-end telehealth services, collaborations between digital health innovation strategies and R&D planning
- Identifies opportunities for synergies across innovation strategies for multiple products and geographies
- Support and manage the development of new strategic engagements with top-of-field external organizations to enable our innovation priorities
- Support and manage new market research to pressure test innovation hypothesis
- Support and manage the testing and scaling of new programs, working with partners across the business including, finance, brands, tech, regulatory, legal and compliance
- Lead communications strategy on prioritized innovation areas as we develop new programs, including senior/executive leadership
- Represent ViiV at global conferences focused on our prioritized innovation areas
- Define business cases, plans and model(s) to enable collaborations and the establishment of new programs
- Ongoing oversight of network of innovation programs once established
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 5 plus years working in digital health innovation strategy role(s) in life sciences
- 5 plus years leading innovation strategies / new program development in life sciences
- 5 plus years of project management experience including negotiations skills, internal stakeholder management, consumer engagement/growth hacking skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong demonstration of independent working skills, motivated self-starter
- Demonstration of broad entrepreneurial / innovation background and experience in digital health, especially in telehealth innovation, data and insights, and connected devices
- Demonstration of ambitious innovating problem solving focused on solving large scale problems
- Previous work experience in HIV
- Previous work in medical product development
- Previous work experience in market research
- Data and insights strategy experience
- MBA and / or similar experiences
- Management consultant and / or similar experiences
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At ViiV, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
ViiV has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiV shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.