The Manager, Contract Pricing will report to the Director, Client Contract Management. The primary responsibilities of the Manager include validating payment variances to contract terms, partnering with client contacts to recover underpayments, and escalating payment variances to the management and sales teams for resolution. The Manager is also responsible for identifying outliers in reimbursement rates, performing bad debt analysis, and recommending and assisting leadership in the implementation of approved recommendations. The Manager will lead administrative fee schedule governance alignment as part of the Client Contract Management program for CVS Caremark.
The Manager will also be responsible for supporting the Client Contract Management team by leading colleagues responsible for developing workflow systems and streamlining processes within the department.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 5+ years overseeing revenue cycle management or reimbursement analysis teams
• 2+ years reimbursement analysis
• 2+ years using Microsoft Access, Excel, and other analytical tools; including the ability to sort, filter, highlight, ad columns, create pivot tables, and utilizing formulas to compare large data sets.
• 6+ months of experiencing in navigating and understanding the billing, accounts receivable, insurance and pricing set-up screens
• Understanding conversion factors with the ability to identify if the billed quantity is correct based on contract terms
• Proficient in Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and One Note
• Proven ability to collaborate across business lines to work towards enterprise goals and objectives.
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
• Accuracy, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in teams and coordinate work efforts.
• Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Ability to evaluate work and process flow to ensure optimal efficiencies.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Experience working with finance and accounting principles
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or health care management or equivalent work experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.