Grad Intern - Translational Safety & Bioanalytical Sciences
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern – Translational Safety & Bioanalytical SciencesLive
This could be your everyday
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During this program, you will join the Translational Immunology and Safety Sciences group based in South San Francisco, CA and be involved in an effort to optimize and validate an in-house immune cell functional assay to support the assessment of immunomodulatory potential of drug candidates.
- Review study-related literature and relevant regulatory guidance
- Design and implement cynomolgus macaque cell-based assays with functional readouts
- Analyze and interpret data and present internally to group members and/or externally at departmental meetings
- Understand the importance of data integrity and maintain a high standard of scientific record keeping
Here’s what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The graduate intern we seek is a highly motivated and collaborative person with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Master’s program for a
- Master’s internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR
- Master’s OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Currently pursuing PhD or MS in the field of immunology, immune-oncology, cell and molecular biology or related fields with basic immunology training
- Demonstrate a track record of critical thinking and scientific achievement in related fields with publications
- Prior experience with cellular immunological techniques, such as primary cell culture, immune cell-based assays and multi-color flow cytometry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly motivated and collaborative
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join [Register to View] Please search for Keyword R-154518
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.