Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Alameda, CA location in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division, where we are focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
As Director, Site Reliability Engineering, you will play a critical role in establishing and executing a site reliability strategy for the ADC Medical Device Mobile and Digital Software portfolio (both Class II and Class III). You will lead a team of engineers that partners with and influences our Architecture and Engineering teams in delivering highly resilient software solutions for our customers.
As a servant leader, you will be responsible for identifying on-market issues, SRE improvement opportunities and influencing change within the organization. You will need a strong software engineering background in a highly secured environment and have Software Engineering expertise, DevOps or formal SRE experience. You will need extensive technical knowledge in the development, delivery, and implementation of highly complex and critical software systems. Expertise in the value and principles of SRE (SLI/SLO, Error Budgets, Toil, Observability, Release Engineering) is critical for success in this role. You will have demonstrated the ability to develop, communicate and execute your vision resulting in the adoption of practices and tooling that will help strengthen our position as the premier leader in the Diabetes Care business.
What you’ll work on
• Be a thought leader and mentor in SRE. Develop and enable a culture of SRE in our software development, delivery and operational practices.
• Anticipates, identifies, and resolves internal and external customer issues through understanding of processes, product performance and clinical utility.
• Trends, analyze and reviews on-market defects to define corrective actions to reduce future recurrences
• Influences and communicates direction and outcome of critical issues that have direct impact on compliance and business performance.
• Establish a comprehensive SRE strategy and roadmap in partnership with the ADC Digital team.
• Grow and lead a team to analyze, triage and resolve on-market defects and ensure corrective actions in place to prevent future recurrence.
• Help software engineering teams and business stakeholders establish and evolve reliability goals and measure progress against those goals using SLIs/SLOs
• Create and enforce site reliability standards. Work with software engineering teams to adopt those standards and to continuously improve production stability and resilience.
• Evaluate the current tiers of service of our applications, reliability standards and practices to define steps to continuously improve on them.
• Participate in blameless postmortems on critical incidents and help teams use their learnings to better predict, detect and prevent future issues.
• Establish and lead an SRE community of practice and foster a culture of continuous improvement of system site and application performance and reliability. Share knowledge and lessons learned across the Digital organization
• Partner with the customer support team for rapid resolution of issues
• Evaluate and monitor social signals for site reliability. Monitor app store comments and other social channels.
• Build a practice of rapid detection and root cause determination while keeping stakeholders informed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field
• Minimum (10) ten years of experience managing large-scale digital software systems
• Master’s degree in a technical discipline
• Exposure to cloud development and deployment technologies, including containerization, infrastructure as code, and multi-cloud configurations.
• Deep understanding of DevOps and SRE Best Practices.
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.