Associate Director, Semantic Data Products
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BE-FAIR is the BMS enabled FAIR architecture and related services leveraged across business applications within the Research and Early Development at BMS. The key objective of the BE-FAIR digital capability includes collection, standardization, enrichment, governance, and distribution of core business data entities used across R&ED business processes.
The evolving BE-FAIR digital capability needs development and deployment of data pipelines along with APIs for distribution and consumption of FAIR enabled data.
As part of the Semantic Engineering Team you will work on integrating a blend of AWS technologies (AWS Glue, AWS AppSync, Neptune, RedShift, Sage Maker etc.) to build and deliver the FAIR Web Services.
We are looking for a passionate technical leader with a proven track record delivering machine learning solutions at scale and well versed in the growing field of Machine Learning (development, engineering, and operations).
You will play a primary role in shaping the ML Engineering efforts for R&ED alongside other ML Engineering colleagues. You will be collaborating with domain data science teams to evolve ML models into supportable, operationalized solutions.
- Product Owner and Subject Matter Specialist for continuously evolving R&ED Semantic data platform capabilities and related services.
- Provide technical direction to BMS resources and consulting partners supporting the semantic platform and services.
- Build relationships, advise, and collaborate closely with business partners and data science teams across the BMS functional domains to operationalize data products and knowledge products.
- Develop tailored operationalization solutions/architectures as needed to address unique needs of functional areas.
- Assist data science teams to build custom model monitors in python, as needed, when existing out-of-the-box monitors are insufficient.
- Evangelize the Semantic platform capabilities and ML engineering services through formal and informal presentations and training sessions.
- Develop and maintain the Semantic Engineering discipline at BMS through leading practices, thought leadership, and mentoring.
- Collaborate with IT peers across Enterprise Applications and Platforms to apply FAIR principles and data to our work in IT, developing proof of concepts / MVPs and operationalizing ML assets that demonstrate value.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.