Sr. Manager, Library Services, Training & Adoption
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Senior Manager, Library Services Training & Adoption, is responsible for strategically planning, designing, and delivering engaging training session on BMS’ data/information subscriptions efficiently and cost-effectively to meet organizational priorities. This role builds collaborative relationships with internal partners (including leaders and teams in Information Technology, R&D, Business Development, Commercial, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Clinical Research & Development, and Regulatory) to ensure the effective communication about the library services and promote efficient usage of data/information sources and services in support of the business. The Senior Manager, Library Services Training & Adoption maintains a comprehensive understanding of best in class and innovative technologies in the rights management, library subscription, training, and services space.
- Develops a robust training, promotional & adoption plan, aligned to the business needs, to provide cost effective access to pharmaceutical industry data and information subscriptions and services.
- Ensures flawless end-user experience with library resources, such as databases, journals, document delivery, external reports, etc.
- Work with the Content Procurement to provide training to employees to maximize the library’s ROI.
- Proactive creation and updating of training materials for databases and library services and branding/communication of standardized materials
- Continually identifies opportunities for efficiencies as it relates to global training & adoption efforts including a full meaningful evaluation and comparison of sessions and communications
- Maintain expert searching skills across many different platforms and databases, such as PubMed, RightFind, ProQuest Dialog, Citeline, Cortellis, Embase, EvaluatePharma, UpToDate, Reaxys, [Register to View] assist with advance training.
- Develop and advance methods to continuously assess the needs of the organization, including understanding their work processes and ensure business alignment for information resources
- Manage process to support existing and new content, and work with users through change management.
- Builds productive relationships with content suppliers and keeps up to date with product enhancements, account manager changes, and training delivery changes
- Maximize end-user awareness, experience and usage; develop adoption strategies for available content
- Ability to participate in early morning or late evening teleconferences with international colleagues.
- Dedicated to continuous learning/may attend external meetings, and educational seminars to enhance functional expertise and broaden pharmaceutical industry acumen.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological, chemical, health or other life sciences
- Master’s Degree in information, or library sciences from an accredited college/university or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in training & adoption of library services for the pharmaceutical industry and relevant pharmaceutical industry experience working with and searching databases systems specific to pharmaceutical industry required
- Expert searching skills across many different platforms and databases, such as PubMed, ProQuest Dialog, Citeline, Cortellis, Embase, EvaluatePharma, UpToDate, Reaxys, etc.
- Excellent IT skills and experience as it applies to libraries, managing mobile experience, citation tools and strong technology experience with MS-Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, lead, build alignment, inform, and collaborate across functions globally.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail oriented. Self-driven, with demonstrated leadership in support of projects.
- Strong capability to interact and effectively communicate with all levels with the organization
- Strong knowledge of medical ontologies and information resources to support decisions using text-mining, semantic technology, AI, and FAIR
- Awareness of and compliance with standards of business conduct including copyright laws
- Proficiency with SharePoint and other systems to facilitate training & adoption workflows, processes and best practices
- Dedicated to continuous learning to broaden therapeutic area knowledge and pharmaceutical industry acumen
- Strong oral/written communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and influence cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures
- Flexible, with positive attitude, extremely strong ability to multitask, prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company.
- Strong Microsoft 365 skills.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of time
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.