Digital Plant Automation Engineer
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Contribute to the vision and objectives of the IT Digital Plant department.
- Participate in the design, delivery, and commissioning of automation and GMP computerized systems at the Phoenix site.
- Comply with standard systems, policies, and procedures across the full range of computerized systems being managed.
- Operate in an environment of continuous quality and improvement of processes, standards, and procedures.
- Participate in the support of the computerized systems being managed and developed.
- Operates within established change management and quality frameworks to ensure quality and compliance objectives are met.
Major responsibilities include delivering and maintaining compliant technologies suitable for commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing, aligning with BMS site and corporate GMP system processes.
- Works closely with business owners and senior STM staff and leadership to build, deliver and maintain computerized systems used to support manufacturing and laboratory operations.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to implement systems and technical functionality that continuously foster Lean principles to improve productivity and enhance compliance and quality across the manufacturing and lab environments.
- Works within standardized work practices and approaches to computerized manufacturing and laboratory systems.
- Develop understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and lab processes, procedures, controls, and GMP requirements to determine system requirements and operational procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate understanding of process automation, information management systems, laboratory management systems, SDLC, infrastructure management, maintenance, and metrology used in manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- The incumbent will be required to work in an office environment potentially requiring ergonomic considerations.
- The incumbent will be required to work in a conference room environment for moderate periods of time.
- The incumbent will be required to work off-shift hours to accommodate system availability and project timelines (< 10%).
- Occasional excursions to labs, production area or warehouse requiring some level of gowning.
- Occasional domestic and international travel.
- Exposure to typical manufacturing, laboratory, mechanical and warehouse environments.
- Requires travel < 10% of time.
Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Strong knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Ability to deal appropriately with regulatory agencies
- Appropriate knowledge of cGMP, GMP, GAMP, SDLC
- Requires flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Critical reasoning and decision-making skills
- Teamwork and facilitation skills
- Ability to interpret / write general and complex business documents
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Good qualitative training skills: responsiveness, enthusiasm, humor, sincerity, honesty, flexibility and tolerance
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering required
- 4 years’ relevant work experience required
- 2 years in the pharmaceutical or related industry preferred
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.