Senior Manager, Supply Chain Network Planner
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Under the general guidance of the Supply Product Planning Lead, accountable for development and ongoing effective and efficient execution of the following as assigned. The Sr. Supply Chain Network Planner role will recognize significant expanded skill sets to successfully manage broader product scope, planning complexities, and independent decision-making tied to their assignments:
Biologics Integrated Planning with the following specific process elements:
- Global scope with key interface to Supply Chain Product Leaders, Manufacturing sites, External manufacturing Group, and other SC partners across GPS (Global Product Supply). Responsible for direct reports and/or portfolio with increased sonority.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining a valid end to end supply network plan ( 36 months) for assigned global manufacturing sites (internal and CMOs) – both short term and long term views
- Accountable for developing what-if supply scenarios and develop recommendations in response to actual or anticipated changes in demand or supply.
- Accountable for developing what-if supply scenarios to continuously improve performance relating to both service levels and total costs thru continuous evaluation of supply, outsourcing strategies, product strategies and the positioning of inventory across the network.
- Communicate decisions and supply impacts to all stakeholders, escalation and prioritization of supply responses around all issues and opportunities impacting customer service to stakeholder
- Appropriate, but robust integration with other global planning processes, particularly DS and site planning, External Manufacturing, Budget & Projections, Inventory management and S&OP.
- Create and maintain BMS capability to provide comprehensive information, analytics and visibility around Drug product and Finished Good Network Supply status to all cross-functional stakeholders.
- Drive and Execute the Biologics End -to-End Network Planning Operating Process for assigned brand(s) and manufacturing sites/work-centers per agreed metrics including deviations to the budget and/or previous plan.
- Own assigned network planning area, driving the planning sub-teams activities and performing rough-cut capacity planning in rapid response to account for utilization, shutdowns, projects, non- commercial activities
- Develop specific ad hoc analysis, i.e. regulatory assessments, inventory builds, S&OP visuals, lot tracing.
- Provide brand analytics and results against metrics to support resolution of network conflicting priorities, propose trade-off and exceptions resolution recommendations to drive high levels of service
- Support the Global Product Strategy process – and supporting sub-teams – to ensure product life cycle is supported, with supply/inventory plans aligned to defined strategies and support product level S&OP reviews
- Champion brand-level planning activities related to upcoming sourcing strategy changes defined by GO Team, and Tech Transfers regulatory transitions.
- Drive and influence the implementation of Brand Supply Chain strategies defined at GO team, incorporating Regulatory filing strategies and fragmentation
- Conduct Fragmentation Planning using Regulatory Supply Tracking data and provide input to the planning process develop recommended product Global allocation based on fragmentation strategy.
- Own the product structure process and demand propagation for Packing & Drug Product through DS
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of planning, network master data and demand propagation across all planning systems (Kinaxis Rapid Response and SAP)
- Develop and maintain consistent Product information analytics for key brands, as assigned, that support on target service levels to balance supply and inventory levels.
- Identify, analyze, resolve emerging and projected Supply challenges for timely mitigation. Gather relevant information and levers and develop compelling fact-based assessments and recommendations for Senior Leader forums decision when necessary.
- Provide input to the Global Supply Review process to incorporate major supply issues to the Network plan and any major deviations to the budget and/or previous plan.
- Communicate decisions and drive escalation of risks impacting customer service to stakeholders.
- Facilitate, in collaboration with sites and External Manufacturing, the review of the Product trends (volumes and inventories) as part of the Budget, YTD Projections and LTFP exercises.
- Develop strong relationships inside and outside the organization including site planners, site supply chain leads, supply chain product leads, distribution and support groups worldwide, Finance, Global Process Leads, Market Supply Operations, Center of Excellence Leads, Business Insights & Analytics, Quality and Regulatory
- Provide input to the other mega Processes as needed, including the Global Supply Review, Long Range Planning, Business Continuity Management, Product Strategy, Quality Management, Network Strategy & Business Operations.
- Actively participate and support New Product introduction to ensure that supply network plans are optimally created and that supply plans are executed in support of the established timelines.
- Actively support the Supplier Relationship Programs by providing collaborative rolling long-term production requirements in conjunction with External Manufacturing organization.
- In conjunction with the rest of the GSC functional teams and GPS partners, ensure policies and procedures are in place which meet compliance requirements.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the global practices where business is conducted.
- B.S. or BA in supply chain management, science and/or engineering (biotechnology, engineering or related sciences). M.B.A or advanced degree, diploma, or certification in Supply Chain Management (e.g., APICS or CSCP certification) strongly preferred
- Required: 5 to 8 years Supply planning experience for a reputable, global or multi-plant Pharmaceutical or Biologics company utilizing world class supply chain planning and execution processes
- Required: Experience with site capacity planning and knowledge of pharmaceutical Sales & Operations Planning Processes.
- Required: Experience with ERP and Advanced Planning Systems (Kinaxis RapidResponse Strongly preferred, SAP ECC, BW/BI, SNP APO).
- Exposure and experience in Biotech / Pharmaceutical manufacturing process, principles, and practices; preferably at production site and headquarters level
- Strongly Preferred: Good understanding and exposure to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory requirements
- Preferred: Experience in developing and implementing world class, global supply chain planning processes and managing them through deployment of global advanced planning and scheduling systems
- Preferred: Exposure and experience in Pharmaceutical/Bio-Technology manufacturing process, principles and practices
- Preferred: Experience in working internationally in a fast paced, reputed, global pharmaceutical/Biotechnology or Consumer company organized in a matrix structure.
Personal Competencies Desired/Required:
- Strongly Preferred: Strong strategic and analytical thinking, problem solving and rapid decision-making skills
- Strongly Preferred: Demonstrated capability in implementing challenging goals, objectives, and practices in a complex and ambiguous environment
- Strongly Preferred: Strong ability in negotiating and influencing without authority in complex, high impact situations. Establishes credibility and earns respect with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives, manufacturing and other functional leaders, regulatory professionals, contractors and other partners.
- Strongly Preferred: highly articulate and makes arguments in a clear and compelling manner.
- Preferred: Demonstrated proficiency in competency areas of Strategic Agility, Organizational Agility, Business Acumen, Process Design and Management, Organization Change Management and Process Effectiveness - in globally diverse, rapidly changing cross-cultural environment
- Preferred: Strong presentation and communication skills both, oral and written
- Preferred: Developed ability to create and foster a team-based environment to establish and maintain a cooperative relationship.
- Business Acumen: Has a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the industry/organization. Persuades others with fact-based judgments of the business situation.
- Executing for Results: Demonstrates integrity and sticks to core values and principles. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required, and a number of possible alternatives are available.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.