Intern, Business Development – Strategy and Operations (Summer 2023)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Strategy & Operations Summer Intern will help to project manage one of the strategic initiatives related to achieving the Strategy & Business Development vision and mission. In addition, the intern will work closely with one of the Business Operations Leads to provide chief of staff support to one of the Strategy & Business Development leaders. The student will have the opportunity to make an impact across the entire organization while developing the ability to improve long standing sustainable processes.
Our internship program offers accelerated career development opportunities, exposure to various business units and senior leaders, and hands-on experience and skill development which will prepare the intern for a career in strategy and pharmaceutical business development. Students participating in this program will be expected to lead or take ownership over one or more individual projects and provide deliverables at the end of the program.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be highly motivated and have a strong passion for healthcare and pharmaceuticals
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in a scientific field, engineering, business, public health, finance, supply chain, STEM, human resources or a doctorate degree in Pharmacy
- Must be available to work full-time for up to (10) consecutive weeks beginning in June of 2023
- The ability to draw conclusions from complex situations, then recommend and execute a course of action in both a timely and decisive manner
- Demonstrated leadership experience either through professional work or in a student, community, or professional organization
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner to a small or large audience
- The ability to work autonomously in small or large teams, many of which are matrixed teams requiring strong partnership skills
- Diverse thinking with innovative ideas and new approaches to maximize opportunities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS office suite, including SharePoint
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.