Senior Front End Developer (React)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Meet Lingo, a new biosensing technology that provides users a window into their body. Lingo tracks key biomarkers – such as glucose, ketones, and lactate – to help people make better decisions about their health and nutrition. Biowearable technology will digitize, decentralize and democratize healthcare, enabling consumers to take control of their own health.
Personalized healthcare is the future. Working on Lingo, you will help build a next-generation technology that enables individuals to make decisions about how to improve energy, lose weight or enhance athletic performance. The Lingo team embodies a start-up culture and mindset with the backing of Abbott, a company with a rich history of healthcare innovation. Join us and grow your career as you help Abbott shape the future of healthcare.
This position works out of our location in Lingo.
You will be responsible for delivering high-quality, user-friendly interfaces across our suite of customer-facing web and mobile products. You will transform the design and product vision into working products and will directly influence how users will interact with the system.
What you’ll do
- Translate wireframes into functional requirements and write well-abstracted, reusable, and high-performance code for UI components
- Design, write, test, and document applications while identifying solutions to complex problems
- Work closely with product management, engineering, and DevOps colleagues to build features, resolve issues, and perform testing related to customer-facing high-traffic services and applications in a fast-paced and collaborative agile team while owning your solution from development to production
- Ensure code follows the latest coding practices and industry standards
- Ensure feature quality through extensive testing (unit, integration, functional, performance, and regression) with a focus on automation
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the system APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Strong expertise in RESTful APIs and how to use them in practice
- Expertise in writing effective unit, integration, and end-user automation tests
- Mobile development experience with either native or web-to-native tooling and frameworks
- Experience in agile development
- Strong people skills, specifically in collaboration, teamwork, coaching, and mentoring
- University degree in Computer Science or similar technical disciplines
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
The salary for this role is between $104,300 – $208,500