Senior Manager, DCM, SMDD, R&ED IT
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are looking to hire an experienced technical delivery and support lead for Small Molecule Drug Discovery (SMDD) in Research & Early Development (R&ED) at BMS. If you are passionate about building efficient simplified solutions for complex workflows, then you don’t want to miss this opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the technical delivery for capabilities for existing and new products including architecture, design, development, testing, integration, and deployment. Own the end-to-end responsibility for managing Digital Capabilities though their lifecycle ensuring they are reliable, accessible, and secure.
- Coordinate the delivery of technical teams including integration architecture definition, technical design, development, testing, integration, and deployment.
- Contribute towards strategic technology roadmaps, develop solution proposals, contribute to project business cases, and estimate budgets for new IT capabilities in close co-ordination with other IT and Business Partners.
- Drive innovation by advising project teams and other stakeholders on the external technology landscape both within the Pharmaceutical Industry and beyond, evaluating new technologies, supporting POCs/prototyping, and participating in the development of new capabilities and service offerings including .Net, Java, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Agile development, and leading-edge scientific technologies.
- Author and/or review technical documentation including solution architecture, technical design, detailed design & ERDs.
- Support the evaluation of new technologies, delivery methods (e.g., SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), and application development methodologies and supporting toolsets.
- Manage service delivery of internal and external service providers.
- Influence vendor roadmaps to align with BMS strategy.
- Financial management with a focus on identification and implementation of improvements to reduce operating costs.
- Provide tier 2 & 3 technical support (triage, break/fix, solution design, and delegation of implementation).
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or scientific discipline. Masters or other advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 5 years of progressive information technology experience, with responsibility for business analysis, solution architecture and implementation on large scale projects.
- Excellent technical leadership and collaboration skills to work effectively with partners across matrix organizations, including service providers and vendor engineers.
- Self-Driven with strong communication, planning, organization, and collaboration skills are required.
- Hands on development experience with .Net, Java, Oracle, PL/SQL. Additional experience in AWS, DevOps, JSON, HTML, CSS, and HTML5/UI/UX are a plus.
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in all applications layers, including front end (Web), middle layer (Web Services), and data access layer (Queries).
- Must have demonstrated success delivering complex application systems, services-based application integration, reporting and analytics, and supporting infrastructure. Agile software development, automated testing, and DevOps experience is preferred.
- Strong technical skills in architecture principles, modern web application technologies stack, middleware integration, database design, data integration and web services. Strong knowledge on MVC and SOA architecture.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycles, configuration management and best software engineering practices.
- Experience in implementing scientific digital capabilities in scientific workflows towards compound management and chemistry lab operation process automation is highly preferred. Domain knowledge in chemistry and drug discovery process is a strong plus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.