Marketing Program Manager
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Marketing Program Manager
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works in the Rapid Diagnostics Division. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people. Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
The Marketing Program Manager oversees small and medium size projects. Serves as the main liaison between the Marketing staff and project owners within the business verticals. Responsible for performing a wide range of duties around planning, staffing, implementing, controlling and evaluating projects through the life cycle of a project with oversight from Marketing and business leadership.
What You’ll Work On:
- Planning programs:
- Define the scope of the program in collaboration with management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete various projects in the program
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the projects
- Develop a schedule for program completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the various project schedules with management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the program will be evaluated at its completion
- Staffing projects:
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff according to established policies and practices of the organization
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
- Implementing programs and projects:
- Execute the program according to plans
- Develop forms and records to document activities
- Set up files to ensure that all information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the program or project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on progress
- Review the quality of the work completed with the program or project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets defined standards
- Controlling programs and projects:
- Write reports on the program or project for Executives, management, and all concerned parties
- Monitor and approve all budgeted expenditures
- Monitor and approve resource allocations
- Evaluating programs and projects:
- Ensure deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the program or project as established during the planning phase
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned
- Where standard project management practices may not be warranted, be flexible and adapt industry knowledge to monitor, track and control efforts in ways that are practical
- Identify, implement and oversee process improvements, standards and procedures to project management to ensure the highest quality end product is delivered to customers
- Assist and mentor other project managers in following policies and procedures within the project management area
- Ensure processes within the project management area are followed in accordance to all regulations (i.e. SOX, FDA/Quality, general controls)
- Minimal travel will be required for this position
- Bachelor of the Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or Associates in Marketing or a related field and at least 5 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of marketing coordination or project management
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with all departments within the Marketing department, as well as the business partners
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as organization and document skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Work, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong experience with project management software, Robohead knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe design applications a plus.
- PMP (preferred)
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.