Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
If you are interested in joining Abbott's high caliber Clinical Specialist Associate, EP program, we want to network with you!
In this role, you will assist with the implantation and support of cardiac mapping procedures. Assists in the day-to-day management of various clinically-related issues. Working under direct supervision, provides educational and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercises judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager. Engages in activities and behaviors to become proficient in the servicing of accounts. As appropriate, may assist marketing personnel in the support of advertising and promotional sales activities.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Provides technical assistance and support for procedures in which Electrophysiology (EP) products are used, including during pre- and post-procedures.
- Provides regional EP support on an as-needed basis.
- Develops and executes trouble-shooting for highly complex medical devices.
- Assists in the support of complex cardiac mapping procedures
- Remains technically competent relative to best practices and the products offered in the marketplace.
- Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on Abbott products to healthcare professionals.
- Ensures that all pertinent patient information is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
- Responsible for the management of any assigned physical inventory.
- Performs work that involves a high degree of independence.
- Identifies and implements the most efficient, cost-effective and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of long- and short-term sales and business strategies.
- Support all Abbott initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Abbott policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned, which may include taking call on evenings and weekends for time-sensitive patient and customer needs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., as needed.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Biological Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average or above
- Graduating Senior, or within 2-years post-graduation from an accredited academic university program OR accredited EP school OR exiting a branch of the US Military
- Requires Abbott-specific certification on Electrophysiology technologies within 24 months of hire date.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or facilitate educational programs to healthcare professionals.
- Familiarity with cath lab, EP lab, and operating room procedures and protocol.
- Must apply engineering skills and abilities to analyze complex devices and cardiac mapping during critical situations.
- Must be able to work effectively with engineers, clinical specialists, vendors, health care professionals, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel based on business need.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Master’s degree in relevant program
- Biomedical engineering degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of cardiac medical procedures
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model